Author Topic: GC Freezing; Lagging  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Epic

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
GC Freezing; Lagging
« on: December 28, 2003, 09:29:07 PM »
First off, hello I'm new here.  Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.

The root of my problem is that my Gamecube is freezing up and making this weird noise when I'm playing True Crime: Streets of LA.  I returned the game for another copy and the same thing is happening.  Sometimes my Cube will lag almost like a computer during my Free Roam levels, and then it will just freeze and I'm unable to reset.  I have to restart.

This started a about 4 or 5 months ago and it happened once with my Enter The Matrix.  It never happened again so I didn't address it as much of an issue.  Then about a month ago I bought Metroid Prime.  It froze on me a couple of times but didn't make the noise.  I returned it for a new copy and never had a problem again.  I read on the internet that there were Metroid Prime freezing glitches so I didn't think it was my Cube.

Now this True Crime problem.  I'm not sure what to do, but it almost seems like my Cube is trying to load things really, really quickly, because I can hear it almost spinning out of control.  I'd really hate to believe that after 2 years and 9 months my Gamecube is dead.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Epic  

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
RE: GC Freezing; Lagging
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 06:38:04 AM »
I dont know if something is wrong with your other games but i can tell you that when i was playing True Crime it has a horrible slowdown sometimes. I swear it was at like 1 frame per second. I don't even usually notice slowdown. So that lag your talking about is the game not your Cube.  

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline SearanoX

• Supreme Hooligan
    • View Profile
RE:GC Freezing; Lagging
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 04:04:06 PM »
I haven't played True Crime, but it's most likely that there's nothing wrong with your system at all.  I've heard that True Crime has some framerate issues in some places, so it could be that that's the problem.  It could also be that the GCN version's loading is badly coded, causing jerky gameplay when streaming new content from the disk.

Try playing a game like Zelda that has a smooth framerate, and see if you still have the problem.  It's most likely the game itself that's causing troubles.