Author Topic: Memory Card troubles with F-Zero  (Read 1338 times)

Offline PsychoZombie

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Memory Card troubles with F-Zero
« on: October 11, 2003, 05:00:25 PM »
I've just purchased F-Zero GX earlier today, and I have to admit it's a wonderful game. That is, except for one very annoying and frustrating "glitch": Every time I try to load anything from the Garage save file, it claims it's corrupted, and needs to be deleted. A few times it has even corrupted the entire memory card, and forces me to reformat it. I've tried this with two memory cards: a Mad Catz 4MB (with only the F-Zero GX main save file and Garage save file) and a Nintendo brand Memory Card 59 (with WaveRace, SSB:M, SA2, and Mario Sunshine saves on it).

Only once out of the (at least) 20 attempts was F-Zero able to load the Garage data with no problems, and only after I had moved files around on both memory cards. However, as soon as I saved any changes to the Garage file, the data was viewed as corrupted and deleted once more. I doubt the memory cards themselves are faulty, since the core system is able to access the data with no problems, and my existing save game files still work perfectly.

If anyone has a possible solution, please reply promptly. Thank you.

Offline SuperLink666

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Memory Card troubles with F-Zero
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 05:03:49 AM »
FIrst get rid of 3rd party mem cards, they suck

Second I don't think you can even transfer fzero data.. maybe garage.  
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 07:28:36 AM »
You can transfer all F-Zero data... except for the main game data, for some stupid reason. Maybe to prevent people from cheating on the online ranking... whatever.
But it might be a glitch in your copy of the game, since my garage loads without a hitch. Try returning it and getting another copy and see what happens.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 08:13:51 AM »
*points finger at memory cards*

I do sorta doubt it's the game's fault...But you never know...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Memory Card troubles with F-Zero
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 10:35:59 AM »
First I've heard of the problem.  I'd take the game back in for another copy first as soon as you can to see if that helps.  Since it happens with both memory cards, I can only guess that it's a fault in the copy you have. The only other possibility would be the GC itself, but that seems slim to me.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers