Author Topic: Princess Mononoke Lego Sculpture  (Read 2379 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Princess Mononoke Lego Sculpture
« on: September 13, 2003, 03:44:24 PM »
I was cruisng around some Lego sites when I found this guy who made a sculpture of San from Princess Mononoke that's over 5 feet tall. Pretty amazing if you ask me. The creator has also done a lot of other sculptures and mosaics, some of which are incredible- I strongly urge you to check out his home page.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Princess Mononoke Lego Sculpture
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 04:06:01 PM »
Wow, that's pretty good...Though the face scares me
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 04:33:16 PM »
Those are really good.  When Legoland was being built here in California I actually submitted a Lego sculpture but they rejected it.  They said they didn't have use for the world's largest rectangular prism made from Legos.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Princess Mononoke Lego Sculpture
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003, 06:20:25 PM »
Personally not a fan of that sculpture.  I have just been spoiled by all the shots of the famous R2D2 and Darth Vader sculptures out there.  

But Ms. Pikmin... that's truly awesome.  I would SO have accepted that one.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2003, 06:28:21 PM »
hahahahha those rat bastards!

that reminds me, i might get all my lego out and make... something! a casemod perhaps?

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2003, 04:38:03 AM »
Yeah, I'd have accepted it to.  What a bunch of jerks.

Ever seen the music video for that White Stripes song?  "Fell in Love with a Girl" is the title, I believe, or something along those lines.  It's pretty cool, and they pull off some impressive crap in that movie.  Most of it isn't as complicated as those sculptures, or other lego sculptures, but. . . nah, just see it.  Download it or something if you haven't already.  It's a cool video.

But that sculpture is pretty good, the one of San.  I've seen better, but he sure did better than I could.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2003, 06:02:47 AM »
Meh..I can do better....I just don't feel like sharing my awesomeness with a bunch of nerds....
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2003, 07:00:49 AM »
Hostile: That video was indeed awesome, but a lot of the scenes were just heavily pixelated video of the band. You can tell if you look closely in some shots.

The only problems I thought the sculpture had was the face being too flat (which is probably why it looks so weird) and the cape extending all the way to the floor instead of stopping around the waist. He said he did that for support, though, because the cape was very heavy and would've tipped over the sculpture.

Grey Ninja: He's got a great sculpture of R2-D2 himself. I also urge everyone to check out his Eiffel Tower, his Golden Gate Bridge, and his desk.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2003, 12:26:25 PM »
It's the nose that makes the face look realy weird.  it's on the wrong side. The mouth is also too think, and the eyses too large.  but it's still very good.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa