Author Topic: Puyo Puyo Tetris  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Puyo Puyo Tetris
« on: April 25, 2017, 07:30:39 PM »
It's here!

I'm still playing through Breath of the Wild, but I was excited for this game and am looking forward to taking a bit of a break and playing something else on my Switch. Anyone else pick it up?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 01:07:04 AM »
Downloading, but the eshop is sloooow tonight.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 01:37:12 PM »
Played this for quite a few hours since Tuesday, and it's lining up fairly well with my expectations. I'm not very good at either Puyo Puyo or Tetris (at least not yet!), but I'm having a lot fun playing and getting better anyway. I've checked out a couple of the tutorial videos Sega put on their YouTube channel, but I'm going to try to learn by playing as much as possible, since I find that to be more fun.

I've also been pleasantly surprised by the story mode thus far. Between the aesthetic, the music, the writing and voice acting, and the story itself, it's got an awesome Saturday morning cartoon vibe which fits the game perfectly. Going by the completion percentage, it looks like there are 70 levels (and there are objectives in each one beyond the minimum to advance the story), so there seems to be a fair bit to it as well. I'm sure the multiplayer is still going to be the star for most people, and that's probably where I'll put most of my time with this game too, but the story mode might actually end up being my favorite part.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 11:42:51 PM »
You guys, I SUCK at Puyo Puyo.  I thought I was good at Tetris, but the AI has schooled me a few times now.

The story mode makes me feel better about both though.  Also the story is completely filled with Lolz.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 01:09:11 AM »
YEAST been waiting for this! I thought I didn't like Tetris but watching others play made me understand the fun of it! Still Puyo Puyo is my jam! I love that i can play with people at any time!

That mode where the field is preset and you have to clear it faster than your opponent or something! SO GOOD!

edit - I didn't say yeast, but I'm keeping it anyway.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 02:11:58 AM »
Puyo Puyo Tetris Fusion makes my brain hurt. Plasticity!