Author Topic: GBA light source  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
GBA light source
« on: July 07, 2003, 10:36:54 PM »
I've had the gamester floodlight for quite a while and have been fairly pleased with it. I was wondering if there have been any other light sources that have come out since this that are at least comparable. I want to get an SP as well, but am waiting will at least September when the new ones come out at least.  
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline thejips

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
GBA light source
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 03:15:25 AM »
Afterburner.

Offline Berto2K

• View Profile
GBA light source
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 03:48:43 PM »
Anything else external? I don't have a sautering (sp?) iron and would like to stay cheap for now.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
GBA light source
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 04:10:17 PM »
You could send in your GBA and have it installed by a pro.  There is a link to a site that does thisin one of the Afterburner reviews here on PGC, plus there are other features you can get like a new screen and a stealth dimmer.  But you want to stay cheap, huh?  ell, the Floodlight really is the best option, it's defidently the best external source yet.  I'm kinda mad because right after I got the floodlight, i got the SP (impulse buy, but it was worth it).  Yeah, stick with the floodlight.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Lecter

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: GBA light source
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 08:16:57 PM »
How good is the floodlight? Does it make the screen as good as the SP? If it does, I'll get that instead of the SP because I'm low on cash and have school stuff to buy.
Currently Playing: Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, GTA 3, Animal Crossing.

Currently Reading: Hannibal, Dreamcatcher.

Offline Berto2K

• View Profile
GBA light source
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2003, 07:59:17 PM »
It is not as good as the SP as there is still a small glare spot. But it is better than pretty much anything else external. But, it weighs about as much, and about as thick as a GBA itself. So you better have some big pockets. Also, there is a small clip that goes on the front end of the GBA (side closest to you) that can greak easily. Mine just did after getting it back in nov, oct? There was a long period where I wasn't playing gba though too.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
GBA light source
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2003, 07:08:01 AM »
Yeah, the thing is extremely heavy and big, but worth it.  If positioned correctly, though, there is absolutley NO glare.  The screen does look similar to the Sp's, but not quite as good.  The light is flourecent, so it doesn't look like there is a light shining on it, it looks like the light is coming from the GBA itself.  You can get the floodlight for 10-15 dollars US, it might even be cheaper now.  My only real complaint is that this thing eats up batteries.  Some good rechargables should last a while.  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa