Author Topic: Justice League  (Read 3653 times)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Justice League
« on: July 05, 2003, 05:40:04 PM »
Has anyone been watching this show on Cartoon Network? An excellent action cartoon from the creator of the Superman and Batman animated series (both of which were superb). MUCH better than the old Superfriend shows, and with a good selection of heros, too, although they fudged the comics a little. For one, they have Hawkgirl instead of Hawkman, presumably to have more female heros than just Wonder Woman. Their Green Lantern iteration is also Jon Stewart, to even out the whole race issue, although the current Green Lantern, and by far the bes, is Kyle Rayner. On top of all that they've turned the Flash (my personal favorite hero) into a jerk who's always the one who screws everything up. Aside from those minor squabbles, though, it's a great show. Cartoon Network finally started showing new episodes starting today with a 2 parter that's been very good so far.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2003, 05:52:10 PM »
I've only seen one episode.  It was the one with Auqaman and he cuts his hand off to save himself and his child.  I like the animation but I never know when its going to be on, I don't watch that much TV on a regular basis, usually I switch channel to channel on the weekends and watch whatever catches my eye, Kim Possible and The Fairly Odd Parents are two of my favorite cartoons.  I'm 24 and love to watch cartoons.  One of my favorite movies, The Brave Little Toaster was on today and I had to stop everything to watch it.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 05:56:33 PM »
Cartoon Network shows reruns of Justice League weekdays at 4 PM eastern- tonight was a special deal.

I'm not a big fan of Kim Possible at all, but The Fairly Oddparents is pretty good- certainly the best out fo Nickalodean in a long time. My personal favorites are Loony Tunes, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Futurama, Freakazoid- the greats. The Brave Little Toaster is a great movie- unfortunatly I missed it today. I think Toon Disney has been showing it a lot lately, so hopefully I can catch it again.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline DRJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 08:11:32 PM »
I just saw the two parter today with brainiac and darkside, it was pretty good. Superman was starting to lose it, I guess he's still pissed from all the brainwashing. The best line was when batman called superman a little cry baby. "So darkside brainwashed you and sent you to destroy earth, and you were completely humiliated. Cry me a river."

It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff batman can keep in that utility belt. He has a strip on cryptonite (just in case) and today he had a dementional portal gizmo.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 08:54:52 PM »
I love the discord that's always present between Batman and Superman- despite fighting for the same thing, they always seem to butt heads. I was dissapointed that Green Lantern and the Flash were completely left out of the episode, though (and they bashed the Flash, no less). You know, they've done a character specific episode for just about every character except for the Flash- I understand he's the comic relief and all, but they could at least have some character development for god's sake.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2003, 09:02:18 PM »
Yeah flash is pretty cool, but here he is just a joke. Whenever he fights they just have him run arount the bad guy until the bag guy blows up the ground or throws something in front of the flash to trip him up, then he is out cold and batman or gl have to come save his butt. They could make better use of him.

His only attack is spin arms really fast to make wind and blow smoke away. Come on they should have his just beat the crap out of someone at lightning fast speed.  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 09:08:49 PM »
Exactly- the guy's faster than Superman for crying out loud, and with such incredible speed comes heightened senses. He's going to see someone trying to trip him up long before they actually do- you don't become the 3rd entry into a legacy without learning a few tricks of the trade. I'd appreciate it if they made the Flash seem more human instead of a clumsy jerk- when you have to rely on one character for comic relief, you've got a problem. Comedy should be equally distributed and shouldn't rest soley on the shoulders of one person. And the odd thing is, the Superman and Batman shows did this so well.

Offline Ridley

• View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 09:40:23 PM »
I've been watching it and the show's not bad, but I'd like to deck the moron who came up with how the Flash would be portrayed.

For example, he's too slow. I remember the show with Gorrilla Grodd and how one of the people he brainwashed was driving a van that Flash and Green Lanturn were chasing (I think the guy stole something, I can't quite recall). Flash could barely keep up. Now, how the heck can the man (assuming this is Wally) who broke the light barrier and entered the Speed Force have trouble keeping pace with a speeding van?

And I have not once seen the him use of all his abilities. Like vibrating his molecules to go through walls, or making them explode.
If the graphics are bad, I'll ignore them.
If the style's been used before, I won't care. I don't get sick of styles.
If the story is weak, I'll make up my own.
I only care about gameplay.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2003, 09:45:33 PM »
I believ ehtye were stealing isotopes, and it was GL that actually saved the van, I believe. The Flash is a much deeper character than they've portrayed and it really annoys me he gets the short end of the stick. They gaven't even had a Flash villain appear yet- I mean, even GL had Star Sapphire. The Flash is not some arrogant little prick who annoys everybody- he's just as much able as anyone there, possibly even more so.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2003, 06:47:26 AM »
They definately need a flash saves the day episode. The one time when he tried to save GL and some others after they blew up some robot and were falling he would up transporting then all to another dimension. Good job flash, no we are stuck here until GL can figure out a way to transport us back.

Also I would like to see some cameos of other characters. They had Joker stop by but there are plenty of other characters I would like to see.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2003, 07:59:07 AM »
I'm not too fond of super heroes, but the Flash and the Green Lantern are pretty cool.  The rest of them range from corny to just plain annoying (cept for Batman and the alien dude, they're okay).

I saw something about aliens.  And only part of it.  The only cartoons I watch are Invader Zim and Cowboy Bebop, but I'll watch the Fairly Odd Parents or Courage the Cowardly Dog if they're on.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Lecter

• View Profile
RE: Justice League
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2003, 10:22:29 PM »
Hmm I watched one episode, thought it was pretty good but never cought it again. I'm not big on cartoons although I would like to be.

The only cartoons I watch are South Park (if thats a cartoon) and occasionaly Invader Zim if I can catch it.
Currently Playing: Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, GTA 3, Animal Crossing.

Currently Reading: Hannibal, Dreamcatcher.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2003, 03:26:26 AM »
I download Invader Zim.  Gods, that's a good show.  The guys comic (Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and others) are also pretty good.  One I read recently (A Girl's Life (or maybe Story), I believe, or something to that effect) had a hilarious scene where the main girl and her date got in a wreck.  He's incredibly horny, despite missing an eye and having several shards of glass through his head, and the comments the two of them make are funny as heck.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2003, 05:31:35 AM »
Invader Zim is a great show, but as with alot of Nick classics (Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Ahhhh Real Monsters)  they're not shown very much, but I'm starting to see them more often now.  But still, they're almost always constantly playing crap like Rugrats.

Anybody else know Futurama and Family Guy were back on the air during adult swim?  Why didn't you tell me?!  Huh!?!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2003, 08:23:54 AM »
Uh, Family Guy and Futurama never left Adult Swim. They stopped showing them on Sunday, but they still come on Monday through Thursday. The 24th Cartoon Network is dropping Futurama for a while until they get the rest of the episodes.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2003, 08:53:20 AM »
Then why didn't I notice them before? Oh well, I still happy!

Offline Lecter

• View Profile
RE: Justice League
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2003, 10:19:25 PM »
Rocco's Modern Life and Angry Beavers were awesome!! Do they ever go on anymore?
Currently Playing: Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, GTA 3, Animal Crossing.

Currently Reading: Hannibal, Dreamcatcher.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2003, 07:16:33 AM »
Once and a while they pop up, but I don't think they're on on a regular basis.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
Justice League
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2003, 07:21:43 AM »
I've been watching Futurama, and I saw an episode of the new Ren and Stimpy show on SpikeTV.  I didn't see much, so I could be wrong, but it didn't look as great as I thought it'd be.