Author Topic: Gaming Guilty Pleasues  (Read 9423 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Gaming Guilty Pleasues
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 10:12:36 PM »
Sonic unleashed,sonic and the black knight, sonic r, and many more sucked, i love SEGA but they SUCK!
Made you look ****.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 09:26:01 PM »
Thought of a few more from my childhood I loved.  These ones are specifically from my time on the Amiga computer.

Ducktales: The Quest for Gold - All of you cool kids might have played the NES version, but I got the slow as molasses and incredibly unintuitive game based off the same show.  The premise being that you had a certain amount of days to amass as much treasure as possible, and at the end of that time your treasure is measured against Flintheart to determine the richest duck in the world.  Feel free to check a youtube video to see how much garbage the game is, but I spent hours playing that damn game.

Barbarian - Ever play International Karate?  It's very akin to that, except with a different motif and swords/decapitations.  Very primitive, and I could never get the attacks down right, but 12 year old me loved it.

Faery Tale Adventure - I've been looking for the name of this game for ages.  I can't even recall if it's any good at this point, I just remember thinking it was neat how you played this game from the perspective of 3 brothers.  You start as the oldest of the three, and if you die as that character, you continue the game as the younger sibling until you die as all of them.  Another thing I found neat was if you died as an older sibling, you could locate their corpse as a younger brother and reclaim some of their items. 

It's amazing how much you'll tolerate when you're young, and have nothing better:

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »
Sonic unleashed,sonic and the black knight, sonic r, and many more sucked, i love SEGA but they SUCK!

Those are not real Sonic games though.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 11:31:47 PM »
They are still sonic games!
watch!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PQc_S-FPi0
Made you look ****.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 11:54:31 PM »
yeah like Wrecking crew is a real Mario game or Hotel Mario is a masterpiece? And Sonic R is actually a decent game, especially if you had a Saturn. It wasn't the best game ever and it was bad for a Sonic game but it was a racing game, it was not a normal Sonic action game.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 12:02:30 AM »
I don't see how you can argue that Sonic and the Black Knight and especially Sonic Unleashed aren't real Sonic games. They're big, highly touted, platforming-heavy Sonic games.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 12:03:52 AM »
I admit I didn't read his post I read Sonic R and hit reply.But I thought the Sonic for PS3 was a very good game, the one that was just called Sonic a few years ago. I am not familiar with Unleashed though. But to be fair I am a Sega/Sonic fan so it takes a lot for me to not like a Sonic game, I even like 3D Blast so...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:05:41 AM by toddra »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2013, 01:26:49 PM »
Well, in terms of review score there's Stratosphere where I believe the critics were just on crack or something.

As far as games I recognize myself are bad and I still played there's some downloadable FPSes like Blacklight Tango Down and Breach that I played far more than was sane. Also Brink. **** that game. And Payday 1 in singleplayer.