Author Topic: Zelda Oracles Hitting the 3DS eShop in Japan Next Week  (Read 6590 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Zelda Oracles Hitting the 3DS eShop in Japan Next Week
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 08:47:38 AM »
So would the GBA ring/shop be an option on the 3DS emulation?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 06:09:30 PM »
That would be nice.  It wasn't a great prize, but I think it shouldn't be forgotten.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:09 PM »
I thought it was the opposite - Seasons was more puzzle-oriented and Ages was more about battle. It's been so long since I played them that the two bleed together in my memory, I look forward to giving them another go.

I do remember that the Link Cable was required for a side quest involving collectible rings, of which there was a large list and some could only be obtained in each game. There was also one for booting the game in a GBA, since these two games came out at the end of the GBC's life. As far as story connectivity was involved, however, it used a series of passwords that could be entered into the opposite title.

I had to check Wikipedia because I was curious, and while I know it isn't the best source for information on certain things, I think it's safe to say this article is accurate; Ages concentrates on puzzles, while Seasons focuses on action.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 11:13:07 PM »
I thought it was the opposite - Seasons was more puzzle-oriented and Ages was more about battle. It's been so long since I played them that the two bleed together in my memory, I look forward to giving them another go.

I do remember that the Link Cable was required for a side quest involving collectible rings, of which there was a large list and some could only be obtained in each game. There was also one for booting the game in a GBA, since these two games came out at the end of the GBC's life. As far as story connectivity was involved, however, it used a series of passwords that could be entered into the opposite title.

I had to check Wikipedia because I was curious, and while I know it isn't the best source for information on certain things, I think it's safe to say this article is accurate; Ages concentrates on puzzles, while Seasons focuses on action.
you mean like the super gameboy in dk94(seriously why wasn't that sold as a gbc game)

come to think of it i think the 'handheld' virtual console has more nes games then gbc and gamegear have combined atm

screw you too reggie

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 01:05:56 PM »
Back in high school when I had lesser moral values in regards to piracy I used a Game Boy emulator that let you pick what mode to play games in.  You could select original Game Boy, Super Game Boy or Game Boy Color (GBA had not yet been released).  It was great because obviously a game like Donkey Kong was better played in SGB mode while Link's Awakening DX would be ideal in GBC mode.  If Nintendo offered that, it would solve any Advance Store issues.  If you can pick GB, SGB, GBC or GBA then it all falls on the player and Nintendo does not have to think about what presentation best suits each game.

I fully expect the Advance Store to not be available because I just don't think Nintendo will think about it.  Odds are they just hand this sort of thing off to some intern who wouldn't even necessarily know that there is any GBA exclusive feature and would just logically think that a GBC game should use a GBC emulator.  If you don't know ahead of time you wouldn't even think to look.