Author Topic: Wii U Japan Announcement Coming Soon  (Read 3694 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Wii U Japan Announcement Coming Soon
« on: August 29, 2012, 10:28:37 AM »

We don't know exactly when or what it will be, but it's coming sooner than you think.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31469

Satoru Iwata sent out several tweets after the Nintendo Direct live stream in Japan had finished today, mostly involving links to videos and websites about the games he'd just been talking about. However, there was a final message that read as follows: 

Iwata: "Nintendo will have a conference in Sept. (announcing Wii U details), however details of Wii U in Japan will be announced in advance, and it will be done in a way other than the conference" 

That gives us a window of anytime between now and September 12 for a potential Japan Wii U blowout! As with today's Nintendo Direct, be sure to keep checking Nintendo World Report for all the Japan news translated for your convenience!

I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Japan Announcement Coming Soon
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »
Jealous of the Queen.  Iwata will find his own Secret Agent. Leap out of a helicopter with a WiiU which he will then plug into a system that will light up one large building (Mainscreen) and one medium sized Building (Gamepad).  Then proceed to play a 80's rock medley of WiiU information while posing with fruit.  After the screen will be kept and Iwata will challenge all comers.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline geo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:40:47 AM »
I hope it doesnt take away any thunder from the US conference.

Offline house3136

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »
 [font=]Nintendo could announce every game lined up through 2013 tomorrow. The only problem is I still won’t be able to see, touch, own, or play Wii U until November. Although, I will admit coming to NWR for substantial, newly released game news, is like opening a present: “What’s it gonna be?”[/font]

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 01:17:01 PM »
I still won’t be able to see, touch, own, or play Wii U until November.
There's a problem right there that Nintendo (or just NoA) Doesn't seem to want to address.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »
God I can't wait for that Wii U Experience thing for Club Nintendo members to make it to the Bay Area...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 07:20:12 AM »
My guess is that it's going to be a special event for gamers in Japan. Nintendo did something similar in January of 2011 called Nintendo World that showcased the 3DS. With that and with the Wii U, they tout that seeing is believing and I honestly think it is in their best interest to get this thing out for the Japanese public to try out. I bet it'll happen sometime after TGS (which is September 20-23). They'll probably announce the Japanese release information around the same time as the US and also the news of this event.
Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »
My guess is that it's going to be a special event for gamers in Japan. Nintendo did something similar in January of 2011 called Nintendo World that showcased the 3DS. With that and with the Wii U, they tout that seeing is believing and I honestly think it is in their best interest to get this thing out for the Japanese public to try out. I bet it'll happen sometime after TGS (which is September 20-23). They'll probably announce the Japanese release information around the same time as the US and also the news of this event.

Well that's what me and you WANT to happen Danny, whether it will is another thing entirely!  :P:
I am your (Fami)father.

Offline Picoli

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 12:25:16 PM »
Unless they pull out a Nintendo Direct out of the blue today or tomorrow, I'm not seeing this as coming before the September 13 event in North America.  Perhaps a translation error?  I'm still quite a ways off from being fluent in Japanese, but it almost seems that the original tweet where it says that Ninty will announce the Wii U stuff "in advance" could actually mean something along the lines of: "I'm just gonna tell you in advance, it won't be done via a conference." 

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »
Unless they pull out a Nintendo Direct out of the blue today or tomorrow,

That's how they usually do it, they announce them maybe 1 day in advance (sometimes less than 1 day).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 06:59:03 PM »
Unless they pull out a Nintendo Direct out of the blue today or tomorrow, I'm not seeing this as coming before the September 13 event in North America.  Perhaps a translation error?  I'm still quite a ways off from being fluent in Japanese, but it almost seems that the original tweet where it says that Ninty will announce the Wii U stuff "in advance" could actually mean something along the lines of: "I'm just gonna tell you in advance, it won't be done via a conference." 

Listen to Famicast 15-2, we clear it up pretty well :)
I am your (Fami)father.

Offline Picoli

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 09:18:59 PM »

Listened. Sounds like I was on the right track! My sensei would be so proud. :D

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 08:37:59 AM »

Listened. Sounds like I was on the right track! My sensei would be so proud. :D

Nice! Now of we know when the event will be, woot!
I am your (Fami)father.