Author Topic: Episode 279: Fo' Slo'  (Read 10773 times)

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 279: Fo' Slo'
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »
Yeah, my wife (who is American) makes fun of me.  She says pah-sta, I say pas-ta.  My heritage haunts me!
I am married to a Canadian as well (how I noticed your pronunciation) so I know the feeling.

I wasn't even aware there was a difference XD

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 07:26:56 PM »
James - I'm curious, where does this adamancy that WiiWare/VC won't be transferred over come from? The solution might be asinine (Connecting the Wii to Wii U via USB to transfer? Maybe...), but as far as Nintendo's past actions go (and as Jonny said many times, the industry at large), it makes no sense that they wouldn't have them be compatible. Perhaps some games wouldn't be compatible, but that's all that I think would happen.

Also, a lot of Wii games used the GameCube controller ports, so why would that have anything to do with WiiWare compatibility? I mean, ****, every version of Active Life and DDR are just not compatible with the new Wii iteration and Wii U because they need a dance pad.

All I know is that I had better be able to transfer my saves on Monster Hunter Tri and SSB Brawl when it comes time to move all of my stuff onto my Wii U.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 07:49:47 PM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't even put that **** on an SD card. It ain't looking good. :(
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 08:26:52 AM »
Since DQ X is supposedly still going playable on both Wii and Wii U, it would be nice if Nintendo implemented a save file transfer in a future software update.  I can't remember the last time we had one of those for the Wii, though.

I'll admit that it's doubtful given that Ninty is walking the Wii behind the barn with a leash in one hand and a shotgun in the other.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »
DQ X is different though. It comes with a USB dongle for storage.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »
Is it just me or does Johnny sometimes seem really exasperated by James? It can sometimes be a little tense to listen to.

For the record, I love James with the power of a thousand suns.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 10:18:01 PM »
I immediately thought of this.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report