Author Topic: Xenoblade and The Last Story Coming Stateside?  (Read 8760 times)

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade and The Last Story Coming Stateside?
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 01:51:35 AM »
I was never interested in Pandora's Tower, but definitely want Xenoblade and The Last Story. I've heard samplings from the Xenoblade soundtrack, and it makes me really want to experience that game.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 12:05:09 PM »
If NOA seriously had this close to release, why the hell would they not announce it at E3?  You would assume that the first title would drop within the last half of the year so an E3 announcement would make sense.  Either NOA is not releasing these games or they're so fucking dumb that they don't even show them at E3 when they really needed to show SOMETHING to show the Wii was still alive.  And I seriously doubt that NOA would be convinced by what they no doubt regard as a bunch of nerds complaining on the internet.

I figure they're not coming.  I need to see a real announcement to even slightly think otherwise.  If they were coming all along NOA has bungled this big time.

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 12:19:19 PM »
I have to point out, that part about "Nintendo of America's continued insistence that the company has no plans to localize those titles" is INACCURATE. What they actually said was they had "no plans to bring [them] ...at this time". Aside from the obvious "at this time" part, there's another key difference between what you reported and they actually said-- "Bringing" and "localizing" are two very different things. All this source actually confirmed was that there was a localization. And NOA never actually said they weren't still localizing.

I hate to have to rain on everyone's parade, but it should be at least noted that localizing doesn't necessarily indicate plans for a release. Especially in a case like this where NOE had already taken care of 99% the job already. Since an English translation has already been done and paid for by NOE, and NOA could easily throw together a NTSC build with very little expense. In fact, would be dumb not their part not to have one already prepared in the event if the games sell well enough in Europe to make them reconsider. It could also be handy to already have one ready for a third party to buy the rights to publish.

There's plenty of reasons to make a localization and just sit on it. So, we shouldn't assume this means anything. Nevertheless, I still am confident we will see a release for Xenoblade unless it's a total bomb in Europe.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:20:52 PM by Bman87301 »

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »
I have to point out, that part about "Nintendo of America's continued insistence that the company has no plans to localize those titles" is INACCURATE. What they actually said was they had "no plans to bring [them] ...at this time". Aside from the obvious "at this time" part, there's another key difference between what you reported and they actually said-- "Bringing" and "localizing" are two very different things. All this source actually confirmed was that there was a localization. And NOA never actually said they weren't still localizing.

I hate to have to rain on everyone's parade, but it should be at least noted that localizing doesn't necessarily indicate plans for a release. Especially in a case like this where NOE had already taken care of 99% the job already. Since an English translation has already been done and paid for by NOE, and NOA could easily throw together a NTSC build with very little expense. In fact, would be dumb not their part not to have one already prepared in the event if the games sell well enough in Europe to make them reconsider. It could also be handy to already have one ready for a third party to buy the rights to publish.

There's plenty of reasons to make a localization and just sit on it. So, we shouldn't assume this means anything. Nevertheless, I still am confident we will see a release for Xenoblade unless it's a total bomb in Europe.

This is possibly a sad truth, as Eartbound for the NES comes to mind.

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »
I just hope this is true. I would love to play XenoBlade and the Last Story. Right now my PS3 is getting all the attention until I pick up Golden Eye 007 and Skyward Sword (when it comes out).

Offline Leont

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 12:49:44 PM »
I dont trust this information to be honest. Why would Nintendo just a few weeks before say that they have no plan of releasing those games to the states? Just so we could find out that the games are actually all ready being prepared for the States? It sounds more like ā€œhopeā€ then ā€œan inside informationā€

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 02:41:53 PM »
Nintendo always says stuff like they have no plans to release a title until they decide to officially announce it, just standard practice.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 07:09:46 PM »
Nintendo always says stuff like they have no plans to release a title until they decide to officially announce it, just standard practice.

I felt the same way when all this first started and I still felt it tugging at a tiny heart string the fact that nothing was shown at E3 warrants this kind of reaction from fans. Even if we did nothing about the news and just sucked on it and Nintendo still released any or all of the games- Operation Rainfall has a legit right to exist, if only for the fact that fans need a more unified outlet on order to be heard.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »
I got so far as placing XenoBlade in my Amazon cart before I decided not to pre-order it. After thinking about it, I probably would not buy the game when it launched, not because I'm not interested, but because it does not appeal to me as much as Nintendo's other upcoming games (Mario Party 9, Fortune Street, Kirby Wii, Zelda, etc).

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »
I got so far as placing XenoBlade in my Amazon cart before I decided not to pre-order it. After thinking about it, I probably would not buy the game when it launched, not because I'm not interested, but because it does not appeal to me as much as Nintendo's other upcoming games (Mario Party 9, Fortune Street, Kirby Wii, Zelda, etc).

I can understand that as well since I haven't bought a video game this entire year. The Wii is a dying cause- if Nintendo doesn't bring at least one RPG to the Wii I will feel it's a failure for not meeting my needs. I've gotten more activity out of my DS and I've been playing the same game for about a year now. So what titles or games are you looking for from Nintendo?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics