Author Topic: Man dies after accidentally drinking gasoline from salsa jar then lighting cigar  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-dies-accidentally-drinking-gasoline-salsa-jar-then-224208413.html

A very terrible and unusual way to die. Hopefully he died quickly... being burned is one of the most if not the most painful things you can experience.

I got burned years ago because I poured some gas on this pile of stuff and I was going to burn it but the vapor of it in the air caused an explosion and a fireball which burned my arm and my face... on tv they often show people starting fires with gasoline, but in real life don't ever try that because that's not how it really works. The vapors will literally explode in your face. I learned that the hard way and I've been leery of gasoline ever since.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything.

You obviously chose wrong. It can be done right.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Isn't this how all of Zoolander's friends died?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Darwin Award in 3, 2, 1...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
To be fair, when I was like 14 my friend and I poured a mixture of oil and gas all over a wooden table, then lit it on fire. It looked like a scaled down atomic bomb, a huge circle of flame quickly spread all around us, but disappeared in a flash. Then his neighbor, a firefighter, helped us put it out and told us to stop (and I quote) "dicking around." So yeah, fire can be dangerous. Seriously though, if you drink gas, spit it on yourself, and then decide to have a cigarette...well, I'm not going to say that you deserve to die, but the national average IQ did just go up a couple of points.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
The strange thing is why would he drink a strange liquid in a salsa jar in someone else's garage in the first place? The part about him spitting it out and then later lighting a cigarette I can get as an honest accident, but drinking some mystery liquid is the really dumb thing. For all he knew it could have been a jar of his friend's urine (although at least that wouldn't have killed him).
is your sanity...

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
There are far less toxic degreasers than petrol to wash your hands with. Considering how poorly he handles chemicals of any kind, it was a matter of time an accident like this or cancer/chronic poisoning would have killed him.

Darwin Award in 3, 2, 1...
Isn't this how all of Zoolander's friends died?
QFTW
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I just don't keep gasoline at home.  Everything is electric.  I do keep some propane for the emergency propane heater and its stored in the shed outside and be harder for my son to really mess with at this age.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
I do keep some propane for the emergency propane heater

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Leave it to the Canadians to make Trailer Parks funny.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?