Author Topic: Ok, try to stay calm, but Xenoblade Wii U preorder is up on bestbuy.com!!!!!  (Read 6548 times)

Offline Neifirst

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Xenoblade+-+Nintendo+Wii+U/8713071.p?id=1218887714799&skuId=8713071&st=xenoblade%20chronicles&lp=1&cp=1

Saw this on neogaf, and it turned out to be true.  Whether it's an HD remaster warm-up act for 'X', or even 'X' itself, I'm psyched that we will likely see a real JRPG on Wii U sometime this year!

EDIT:  Potentially bad news if you were hoping this was a Xenoblade HD remaster; I looked at the full list of Wii U games at bestbuy.com later and noticed that they also list Mario 3D, Shin Megami Tensei Fire Emblem, and Yarn Yoshi in addition to Xenoblade.  This might indicate that they simply are listing announced games from the Nintendo Direct.  I also doubt that these could all be 2013 titles, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:33:57 PM by Neifirst »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
****, I'd probably buy it again. I barely even played it on Wii, but yeah... I have a problem.

Offline regin

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
Hopefully the first of many HD re-releases from Nintendo.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I would buy an HD version of Xenoblade since the initial shock of washed-out SD textures these days is at least a part of the reason why I haven't gone back to finish that game, but this is probably just a placeholder for "X".  It's definitely a placeholder in one way or another, because it has the traditional 12/31 placeholder date.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
I am really hoping that Nintendo makes their entire Wii arsenal available on the Wii U eShop.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
This puts me in a tough spot. I've got my unopened copy of Xenoblade for Wii, but an HD remake that I could potentially play in bed is all too tempting.

I'm gonna hope it's just a placeholder for the "X" game from the Wii U Nintendo Direct.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I don't see a listing for "X" so that's very likely what this is.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I assume it's X.  However I am in favour of a Wii U version of Xenoblade merely because the game is obscure and deserves a second chance with an audience that missed it the first time.  This wouldn't be a blatant cash grab like Nintendo re-releasing an extremely common and popular game like DKC Returns.

I'm in favour of re-releases when the game is hard to find.  That's providing a service to gamers.  Unfortunately most HD-remakes are of easy-to-find titles and the intended purpuse to get people to double-dip.  It's less providing a service and more making one up and fooling rubes into thinking they need it.  But then that's my general attitude for consumer products in general.  Meeting the market's needs and wants is good.  Creating unnecessary products and manipulating people into buying them is not.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I haven't followed X much, but is there any chance that X isn't just Xenoblade HD?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
It's pretty obvious it's not a HD release. Nothing was familiar in that trailer.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Walmart's got it too. Placeholder date 12/15.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xenoblade-Wii-U/23428791
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
I never bought the first.... but always meant to. I have every intention of buying the second.
I would most definitely buy an HD Umake in preparation for the new sequel though.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
I actually think this could be a hd remaster.  If these people were clueless as many on neogaf claim then wouldn't they not even know of the connection between X and xenoblade?  Xenoblade is already a very nitch title only the hardcore are aware of.  Some non gamer worker responsible for putting these listing ups wouldn't have any idea about any of this.  If they needed a placeholder for X, why couldn't they simply use the title "X" like they usually do with every other anounced game?  Just go with the tentative title.  Using the title Xenoblade WiiU will just mislead customers who also might not know the connection between the two games. 

All in all, I think this could be the real deal.  Given the barren wasteland that is the WiiU software and release schedule, I can see Nintendo pulling the trigger on this as a quick release to fill in the gaps for the time being.  If Mono developed this game with higher res assests during developement and just downsampled everything to Wii's output (don't qoute me on this, taking a complete shot in the dark with this assumption as I've heard somewhere that developers sometimes do this) then maybe it wouldn't take another smaller company to much time to push out an HD version for WiiU.  What does everyone think ?  (specially those of you with more industry knowledge)  How long would it take to put out an HD version of this and not of the Wind Waker remaking type, just a straight HD port? 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:39:36 PM by Mannypon »

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
I'd just settle for a Xenoblade Wii rerelese.  The thing is over msrp and that is just too expensive when I've got other games I'm looking at.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
At this point, i'd be satisfied if they just announced a re-printing of Xenoblade Chronicles, but it would be neat if they did some sort of HD remaster for Wii U with Miiverse integration and an E-Shop release.  That way, there wouldn't be an issue with supply constraints.

You would also think it would be in Nintendo's best interest to get the original in as many people's hands as possible to drum up interest in the Wii U sequel, as well.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
At this point, i'd be satisfied if they just announced a re-printing of Xenoblade Chronicles, but it would be neat if they did some sort of HD remaster for Wii U with Miiverse integration and an E-Shop release.  That way, there wouldn't be an issue with supply constraints.

You would also think it would be in Nintendo's best interest to get the original in as many people's hands as possible to drum up interest in the Wii U sequel, as well.

yes thank you yes please

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
All in all, I think this could be the real deal.  Given the barren wasteland that is the WiiU software and release schedule, I can see Nintendo pulling the trigger on this as a quick release to fill in the gaps for the time being.

Boy would that be a flip-flop on NOA policy.  The Wii release schedule was a barren wasteland in 2011 and NOA just put their fingers in their ears and acted like these rainfall games didn't exist.  Any Xenoblade HD remake should come with a video of Reggie eating his shoe.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
If it's an HD rerelease, I may still pick it up.  I have yet to open my Wii version and it sounds like playing Wii games on the Wii U is a small hassle.  Plus, I like the idea of them adding Miiverse support and off tv play.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
it sounds like playing Wii games on the Wii U is a small hassle.
No, not at all. Not sure what you mean.

Xenoblade HD remake should come with a video of Reggie eating his shoe.
Yes!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
so.. I should have waited? I'm 20 hours into Xenoblade and I like it, but its hard to go from wii u games to wii games (visually) these days.. (at least ones with this graphical style. I've been playing a lot of Brawl recently and it looks great no matter what)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.