Author Topic: Episode 230: Amazing Discoveries!  (Read 8865 times)

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 230: Amazing Discoveries!
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »
I don't know what, if any, influence Sonic Team had on Sonic Colors. Primary development was by Dimps.

Actually, the Wii version of Sonic Colours was developed entirely by Sonic Team. Dimps handled the DS version, them being the go-to developer for handheld Sonic games at this point.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »
I'm kinda interested in Ogre Battle now but I don't really play such lengthy games much outside of portables.

Offline mjafyx

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 07:50:46 AM »
About FMV game, I just played through the Harvey Birdman game. Wich is a FMV game even though it's animated. It made me realize that the problem with those were just the video quality. They were super compressed with long loading times. A game with decent production and acting would work fine for me.

999 is awesome. Rpgfan's podcast has been praising it since it came out, that's where i heard from it.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 09:00:20 AM »
Okay, I had a spare 1000 point card that I was considering spending on Ogre Battle but then Shantae happened.

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 03:04:13 AM »
Finally listened to the Monster Tale section of this episode after posting my review. Jonny and I largely agree on the level design issues--I make several of the same points in my review--although I found Chomp's abilities consistently useful from the start, since I preferred the long-range attacks I happened to unlock over Ellie's gun.

I also revisited Sonic Colors a few days ago. Initially it didn't really grab me, but after hearing Jonny's praise I went back to it and had a lot of fun! So thanks for inspiring me to give it another go, Jonny!
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 03:13:50 AM »
You are very welcome! But I'll be interested to hear whether you finish Sonic Colors. As you'll hear on RFN 231, my enthusiasm diminished as I ran into some frustrating levels later in the game.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!