Author Topic: Rhythm Tengoku Wii Announced  (Read 1136 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Rhythm Tengoku Wii Announced
« on: September 29, 2010, 06:12:25 AM »

The handheld game finally makes the jump to the home console. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/24152

Among the excitement of all the 3DS announcements, Nintendo also revealed a surprising Wii game for next year, Rhythm Tengoku.

The short gameplay clip showed some interesting new rhythm minigames including; stabbing beans with forks, Samurai chopping down enemies, and two guys playing tennis in airplanes - flying over what might possibly be Wuhu Island from Wii Sports Resort.

The first game was a Japan-only GBA release, however the DS sequel was translated and released under the title Rhythm Heaven (Rhythm Paradise in Europe).

The new Wii version is currently under development and due for release in 2011 in Japan and only has a tentative title of “Rhythm Tengoku.â€

I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
Re: Rhythm Tengoku Wii Announced
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »
I am tentatively excited about this.  I am a big fan of the previous games, but Wii motion controls tend to be less precise than DS controls (which were already less precise than the original GBA button controls).  But I'm sure it will be a fun game, and it will be interesting to see what the team comes up with -- they've had several years to perfect their efforts since WarioWare Smooth Moves.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 07:47:27 PM »
I played the demo of the DS game, it was interesting enough that I'd check one out if it came to Wii. How well did Rhythm Heaven sell in North America? I ask because I think that could be a good indicator of whether this one will be released here.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »
I assume there's no word on if this game will use the Motion Plus.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!