Author Topic: Playing online vs. via streaming webcam/capture card  (Read 2078 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Playing online vs. via streaming webcam/capture card
« on: June 27, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »
Okay, let's try making this topic again...

Here's my idea - 2-4 people pick a game and a time to play.  They'll set down and play it while streaming the video feed (either through Webcam or capture device) live to, ideally, a website that can show all four feeds at once.

We'll be able to create different challenges against one another - stuff beyond "first to finish".

Anyone have any technical experience with something like this?  Anyone interested in doing it?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:13:10 PM by UncleBob »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Playing online vs. via streaming webcam/capture card
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 06:42:04 PM »
This sounds like a neat idea, but unfortunately, my computer isn't capable of streaming. However, I'm considering getting a new computer, so I may be able to participate in the future. I have a USB capture device, although the last time I tried to use it, it didn't work right. I have no idea if it is a problem with the computer not being able to handle it, or if the device is broken. I won't know until I get a new computer.