Author Topic: Classic Controller Pro Announced for North America  (Read 13075 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Controller Pro Announced for North America
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2010, 11:53:34 PM »
OIC
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 11:59:06 PM »
That said, Tales of Symphonia 2 was the most comfortable RPG I've ever played.

HANDS.  ANYWHERE.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 12:07:48 AM »
The Xbox 360 controller is perfect.
Entirely subjective. It's a good controller but I still prefer the GameCube controller. For sheer comfort though, I find the Wiimote + Nunchuk to be the best, largely because of its disconnected design.

I agree about the Wiimote and nunchuk; I wish I had a 360 controller with each hand being separate like that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 04:14:29 AM »
The wiimote-chuck combo also makes things better for those who are left-handed, because you can swap the mote and chuck to either hand it will work just as well in one as in the other. Standard controllers are designed for the right handed, and there's no way to break them apart and shift things around.

Like Mop It Up said, the "disconnected" design is great. Whether you're left-handed, or just because you want to set either or both hands on an arm rest. That controller lets you do it, but standard controllers do not.
is your sanity...

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 04:19:49 AM »
I also think that the wii-mote is probably the onlly controller in existence that can be played in one hand. I'm sure that works great for people who only have one hand that they can use.

Granted, one handed control will NOT work for games that require the nunchuck, but in every game that uses just the wiimote (minus the ones that force you to play it like an NES controller), you can use it with just one hand. So if I was wounded over in Iraq or something and lost my hand for whatever reason, I can be confident I can still play my Wii (to some extent). I wouldn't be able do that with any other console.

And who here has ever tried playing a game with a friend where one of you controls the wiimote and the other controls the nunchuck? That can lead to some interesting and possibly hilarious results. That's a good thing to play around with, and its only possible because as Mop It Up said, the wiimote/chuck is "Disconnected".
is your sanity...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 04:22:41 AM »
I played Trauma Center:Second Opinion with me using the Wiimote and a friend using the Nunchuck. Pretty fun and challenging.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2010, 04:51:54 AM »
I HATE HATE HATE the classic controller, which is a clone of the sucky PS2 controller setup. The analog stick should always be given top consideration. The D-PAD MUST ALWAYS BE SECONDARY.

I disagree. The PS2 pad is a SNES pad with a sticks taped on and the CC has the same reason for existing: It's meant primarily for SNES games with analog sticks taped on for modern game compatibility.

The reason I got the CCPro was because when I used the a-sticks on the regular CC I noticed that I had trouble providing the counterforce without handles.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2010, 05:11:03 AM »
"The reason I got the CCPro was because when I used the a-sticks on the regular CC I noticed that I had trouble providing the counterforce without handles."

This is key.  However, I question whether a cheap plastic shell would've sufficed instead of buying an additional controller.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:12:34 AM by NinGurl69 *huggles »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2010, 05:18:48 AM »
Well, now I can play Contra 3 with two people in addition to having handles for 3D games.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2010, 05:29:08 AM »
NinGurl is right. You can grab cheap plastic shells for your CC to give it handles.

As I understand it, the CC Pro eliminates the shoulder buttons. That will make it a problem for certain games, particularly SNES games.
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2010, 05:56:53 AM »
NinGurl is right. You can grab cheap plastic shells for your CC to give it handles.

As I understand it, the CC Pro eliminates the shoulder buttons. That will make it a problem for certain games, particularly SNES games.

I have three Classic Controllers: one plain, one with a plastic shell, and a Pro. The Pro is significantly better than the one in the shell. Also, the Pro only eliminates the analog functionality of the shoulder buttons, not the buttons themselves, and rearranges them so the ZL and ZR buttons are in a position where they are not impossible to use comfortably.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »

It doesn't eliminate the shoulder buttons, it gets rid of the analog in the shoulder button, but all the same buttons are still present.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2010, 07:25:38 PM »
The wiimote-chuck combo also makes things better for those who are left-handed, because you can swap the mote and chuck to either hand it will work just as well in one as in the other.
This is very true. For games which primarily use the pointer, I like to hold the Wiimote in my left hand and the Nunchuk in my right. For games that use motions, I like to hold the Wiimote in my right hand and the Nunchuk in my left.

I also think that the wii-mote is probably the onlly controller in existence that can be played in one hand.
Which leaves the other hand free to hold a drink.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2010, 12:34:31 PM »
What about mouse-only games?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2010, 12:41:55 PM »
For sheer comfort though, I find the Wiimote + Nunchuk to be the best, largely because of its disconnected design.

I prefer the firmness of a one-piece controller myself.  It might just be because I'm used to it.  It reminds me of a steering wheel.  I just feel like I've got this thing in my grip and I'm in control.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2010, 02:43:05 PM »
Nintendo should create a plastic shell which "fuses" the wii and nunchuck together, and also adds in another analog stick. Then this could become the "classic controller".

If you have this plastic shell and then put your wiimote and chuck into it then you can create your own classic controller.
is your sanity...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2010, 03:10:46 PM »
Didn't everyone come up with a theoretical controller that could lock together and separate depending on need many years ago? I seem to recall it being based off of a vague patent Nintendo got back even before the Revolution was referred to as the Revolution. I'm also guessing that patent became what is now the Nunchuck and WiiMote.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2010, 03:32:01 PM »
A nunchuck splitter cable so you have a two nunchucks, one on each side with the wiimote held in the middle pointing forward for IR.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
Add a few more buttons to the nunchuck and bluetooth capability and you don't even need the wiimote at all. Link two nunchucks together and you have the most kickass controller ever conceived.

Hell, I wouldn't mind even seeing games that you could play with just one wiimote. I would love to try out super mario bros or something like that this way.
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2010, 07:57:57 PM »
What about mouse-only games?
I don't play PC games, but I have the mouse set up as left-handed. I can switch to the right-handed setup without a problem though.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2010, 02:47:31 AM »
I also think that the wii-mote is probably the onlly controller in existence that can be played in one hand. I'm sure that works great for people who only have one hand that they can use.

That could be done with older controllers if designed properly. EarthBound for SNES could be played entirely with just your left hand. Obviously if you were missing your left hand you'd be screwed, but its still a neat little part of the game. There's nothing in the game that you can't due just using the d-pad, L and select buttons. Except maybe ring the bell on the bike lol.

I played Trauma Center:Second Opinion with me using the Wiimote and a friend using the Nunchuck. Pretty fun and challenging.

Ha! Thats wimpy in-the-manual stuff. When I worked at the NWS me and this one guy, John, would spice up the Twilight Princess demo we had set up by playing it co-op whenever we weren't trying to beat eacthother in a mini-speed run (they had 3 tv's set up with TP). Its a weird experience having someone else control your sword and items while you move/evade for them and vice versa.

I also think that the wii-mote is probably the onlly controller in existence that can be played in one hand.
Which leaves the other hand free to hold a drink.

Now THATS my kinda women! :P
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2010, 01:50:13 AM »

For the record, you can play Wave Race 64 one handed with the N64 controller.  I know several people who have an extra liking to this game simply due to this fact.  You can sit down and relax with your arms at your side and still play.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2010, 03:17:49 AM »

For the record, you can play Wave Race 64 one handed with the N64 controller.  I know several people who have an extra liking to this game simply due to this fact.  You can sit down and relax with your arms at your side and still play.

It's one of my favorite things about Podracer on the N64. Well...similar. There is a code to use two controllers at once and the controls for that rock.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast