Poll

Mario & Luigi bowser's inside story vs. Scribblenauts : What game would you pick ?

Scribblenauts
12 (66.7%)
Mario and Luigi bowser's inside story
6 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: September 19, 2009, 11:46:06 PM

Author Topic: You can only buy one DS game in September. Scribblenauts vs Mario & Luigi Bowser  (Read 3987 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
So assuming you had the money for only one ds game this month. Which one would you pick and why ? A first party Nintendo game based on a well known and overall enjoyable franchise or a new 3rd party game with a totally unique idea that hasn't been proven yet.

NO COP OUT's. You either vote for one game or you don't vote.

=================================================
=================================================

I never would have expected to be more hyped for a 3rd party ' experimental ' game but I am very hyped for Scribblenauts. I originally bought my DS for unique ideas and this without a doubt is one. I loved the first Mario & Luigi game but the 2nd one was so mediocre it killed my hype for this game.  :-\
However this game does look unique from the other two games and looks like a ton of fun.

Scribblenauts just seems like pure unique fun. Something you show off to friends and family and something you could play allot of without getting bored of. It might not work out with the final game but it's just something I cannot ignore and have to try on my own.  ;D :D

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Scribblenauts hands-down.

Well, given my reputation, that's no surprise. But WAIT! There's more!

To begin with, I was disappointed with the past Mario vs. Luigi games. The first one I loved but partners in time totally didn't hook me.

Also, Mario & Luigi is a bit of a known quantity. Scirbblenauts is more alluring on it's pure experimentally...ness.

And also...come on, Nintendo doesn't need the help.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Tough call, I'm getting both. I would lean towards M&L because it is a full fledged game, while Scribblenauts, while very unique seems to be more of a puzzle oriented design, not to mention we have no idea how level design will hold up to the crazy database of items.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Well, I don't have a DS, so I don't know much about either game. But if I were to get one, it'd be Mario and Luigi, because it's a Mario game, and an RPG, so it'd be a safe bet.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Khushrenada: Ace Detective. It's cheap since it is on Virtual Console which is important since I spent my gaming money on Professor Layton 2.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Oh, oops, I already bought Spiderman Web of Shadows...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I'd go with Scribblenauts but only because I still have M&L 2 and SMRPG on the VC sitting here unfinished.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS SCRIBBLENAUTS

Mario and Luigi and wait until October.  ;)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
I would say support Scribblenauts since it looks like one of those few games that actually delivers. Mario and Luigi will be fine, they won't be going anywhere.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
I think M&L, Scribblenauts is more likely to receive a pricedrop later.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: You can only buy one DS game in September. Scribblenauts vs Mario & Luigi Bo
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 06:30:39 PM »
I think M&L, Scribblenauts is more likely to receive a pricedrop later.

It's only $30. This isn't 360 games where you wait 2 months and it goes $20 down.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
I'm in Europe, they're 40€ here.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I voted Scribblenauts since the last 2 games I played on my DS were RPGs.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
I bought Drawn to Life.  It's told me that while a game's design may seem genius, and while critics and reporters might love the half hour they spend with the game whenever they get the chance, that deep down, a gimmick is still a gimmick, and you should wait and see if the gimmick is worth using for the hours you'd involve yourself with said game.

So, I'm waiting on Scribblenauts.  The psuedo-prequel scared me away.  I'll see what people who beat the game have to say, and I'll see what those who can't complete have to put in to, then pick it up later if I'm still interested.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
I want Mario Tennis on DS.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
I'm struggling with this. I think Mario & Luigi comes out the day before I leave for London, and I need a plane game, so it'll probably be that. Scribblenauts will be in my library someday, though.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
I bought Drawn to Life.  It's told me that while a game's design may seem genius, and while critics and reporters might love the half hour they spend with the game whenever they get the chance, that deep down, a gimmick is still a gimmick, and you should wait and see if the gimmick is worth using for the hours you'd involve yourself with said game.

The difference is that DtL's gimmick was merely graphical, Scribblenauts is actually using it for gameplay.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Good point, good point.  Still, it's something I'm hesitant over, despite that difference.  That said, the vacuum this poll suggests doesn't exist, so I'll probably wind up with both.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
I've heard nothing but great things about M&L3, and how it's a return to the form of Superstar Saga. With that in mind, my vote goes to Mario & Luigi.

Scribblenauts seems like the bee's knees, though.