Author Topic: Wii Sports...REV 2?!?  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Wii Sports...REV 2?!?
« on: February 17, 2008, 03:01:37 AM »
So I recently gave my Wii + Sports to my GF's family and we kept hers, except she had lost her copy so she picked up a used one from Gamestop.

This would've slipped everyone by, since we'd typically never see this, but the latest version of Sports not only depicts all the Wii remotes in jackets but there are also some interesting new features added in.

I'll update as I learn more...

Boxing
-sparkles above the head of a KOed Mii
-the physics seem enhanced (I punched a Mii for a KO blow and she FLIPPED OVER BACKWARDS!!!)
-replay cam at the end of the match which shows the final moments before the KO
-higher camera angle on a KOed Mii

Baseball
-At the start of the game, the camera starts on the center of the diamond about eye level and zooms out, revealing all the Miis on both teams on either side looking at the camera.

I've checked all the games and these are the only two changes I've noted thus far. Any others might be minute enough to be unnoticeable.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 03:33:03 AM by Smash_Brother »
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Sports...REV 2?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 04:10:24 AM »
You should check the version # on the bottom of the disc (near the center): mine is a launch copy and it's 306J0801 RVL-RSPE-0A-0 JPN 50.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 04:46:34 AM »
Replay mode in boxing after a final KO is in my Aus launch copy. This is still quite interesting though.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 05:50:37 AM »
I don't get it... REV 2? revision? VER - version might have been better I came here thinking there was some secret connection between Wii Sports and the next Wii... forgive me for remember the name they should have stuck with; Revolution.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 06:18:58 AM »
Why wouldn't they just release these small things as a patch for the rest of us when we put the disc in?  Oh wait, Nintendo hates the internets.
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 07:20:08 AM »
Why would they not add this changes as a patch, because if the game wasn't designed to look for patches it can't. 

And these changes aren't that big of a deal...patches are so easy to do in PC games because you install part of the game on the hard drive usually, and the games are designed to look towards the hard drive to work. 

Anyway, I recently thought I lost my Wii Sports disk so I bought a replacement part from Nintendo for $25.00 with shipping.  I received the newest version of Wii Sports available.

It has the image with the Wii remotes in the plastic grip sleeves. 

I haven't noticed any other changes like that, but I may have to do an experiment, because I found my old version, so I have both now.  It would be interesting to see if they have made some of the games play better now. 

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 08:40:46 AM »
This is pretty strange....  What's the copyright date on the game when you fire it up?  Does it still say 2006?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »
Interesting. I'm tempted to try and find a copy of this revision.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 12:57:40 PM »
Dammit, Nintendo.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 01:59:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure all of these are in my one-week-past-launch PAL copy. Well, except the sleeves on the Wiimotes.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 07:12:31 PM »
This is pretty strange....  What's the copyright date on the game when you fire it up?  Does it still say 2006?

It now says 2006-2007.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline redgiemental

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 02:22:39 AM »
This is all present apart from the jackets on the remotes on my launch day UK copy of the game.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 05:56:33 AM »
Confirmed. The US has inferior Wii Sports.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).