Author Topic: WiiFit/Balance Board Accessories  (Read 3334 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
WiiFit/Balance Board Accessories
« on: May 29, 2008, 12:36:22 AM »
Well, WiiFit is huge, as we all knew it would be.

And we weren't the only ones - several companies have jumped the gun and created tons of accessories, useful and otherwise, for the Wii Balance Board.

I've seen pictures of rechargeable battery packs, protective covers and yoga mats... but the only things I've actually seen in stores are the battery packs - the one thing I absolutely will not purchase.

Has anyone seen any particular accessories in stores?  I'm interested in one of the silicone covers and somewhat interested in the mat... but I want to know if they're any good before I bite.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: WiiFit/Balance Board Accessories
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 12:58:15 AM »
Febreeze

Axe Body Spray
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Dan_Flyhight

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 03:29:06 AM »
Well I work at GameStop so I've seen the Silicon mats for the balance board. In fact, they were on sale like 2 weeks BEFORE Wii Fit came out, which I found to be special. I have not seen the battery packs actually though, though apparently as from what I've heard the batteries drain pretty quickly so they might be useful. What I'm really wondering is when they'll release the balance board as a singular accessory so multiple people can play with one game instead of needing two copies.
If ever the acid-spitting llamas ever engulf your esophagus out of fear for their own pancreas, you know who to call...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:19:58 AM »
Well I work at GameStop so I've seen the Silicon mats for the balance board. In fact, they were on sale like 2 weeks BEFORE Wii Fit came out, which I found to be special. I have not seen the battery packs actually though, though apparently as from what I've heard the batteries drain pretty quickly so they might be useful. What I'm really wondering is when they'll release the balance board as a singular accessory so multiple people can play with one game instead of needing two copies.

The Wii Fit manual says you can only have one balance board connected to a Wii at one time, so extra balance boards wouldn't make much sense.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Dan_Flyhight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 11:12:44 AM »
Ah okay. I don't have one and I didn't work on the one day we had some so far since it came out, so I had no idea, but now I know. Thanks for the info ^_^
If ever the acid-spitting llamas ever engulf your esophagus out of fear for their own pancreas, you know who to call...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 05:21:28 PM »
I saw that mats at Circuit City today.  Bite the bullet, Bob.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 06:36:49 PM »

The Wii Fit manual says you can only have one balance board connected to a Wii at one time, so extra balance boards wouldn't make much sense.

I hope this is only true for Wii Fit, and that the Wii can handle more than one Balance Boards.  I hope 2 is possible for some Skate it competition, or some nice Snowboard races later.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 08:54:03 PM »

I hope this is only true for Wii Fit, and that the Wii can handle more than one Balance Boards.  I hope 2 is possible for some Skate it competition, or some nice Snowboard races later.

It wasn't the Wii Fit manual, it was the Balance Board manual, so unless they can change it with a firmware update it seems to be true for everything.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 08:56:29 PM »

This would explain why We Ski only allows the balance board in single player...  ****
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »
The covers do look appealing.

I'd just purchase a regular yoga mat though. You can get good ones for far lower prices when they don't have the Wii Fit logo on them. :P
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline ATimson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 08:30:35 PM »
It wasn't the Wii Fit manual, it was the Balance Board manual, so unless they can change it with a firmware update it seems to be true for everything.
Even that might not be enough, since the Board lacks the player indicators of the Wiimote. How, other than trial and error, do you know which board is which?

Plus preexisting games will still lack support, of course.
Grr. Argh.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 08:48:27 PM »
I'd just purchase a regular yoga mat though. You can get good ones for far lower prices when they don't have the Wii Fit logo on them. :P

But... but... I want the WiiFit logo... ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.