Author Topic: Nintendo Rules August Hardware Sales  (Read 6630 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Nintendo Rules August Hardware Sales
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2007, 06:47:18 PM »
Madden isn't eating enough.

He just doesn't carry the same buzz factor he used to when the PS2's HOLLYWOOD QUALITY GRAFIKS were the in-thing.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 01:16:53 AM »
Am I the only one who absolutely, positively doesn't care if Madden sells even one unit on the Wii?  I want EA's actual efforts (MySims and to an extent, Tiger Woods) to sell well on the Wii, but when it comes to Madden, they don't even try anymore.  And I'm not just talking about the Wii version - it seems like the other versions are the same as last year's and the year's before.  Now, of course, I don't play the games, so I'm really just talking out of my back end - but hearing from those who do play Madden on a regular basis (and, for some reason, continue to buy it on a regular basis), I just don't care if the game sells at all.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 03:41:34 AM »
Walmart Customer: "excuse me, uh wait, why does your name tag say UncleBob?"
UncleBob: "Yes, what can I do for you?"
Walmart Customer: "Can you get Madden Wii out of the case for me?"
UncleBob: "I DO NOT CARE IF  YOU PURCHASE THIS TITLE BLAARRRGH MY NAME IS RICHARD"

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo Rules August Hardware Sales
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 04:06:32 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k

Originally posted by: shammack
Are you saying numbers are copyrightable now?  If so... boy, that is a sad state of affairs.

Nope, facts can't be copyrighted but it's possible that those numbers count as trade secrets...

Ever thought that NWR checks their sources rather than blatantly linking Joe Gas Station's post from GAF?Mellow out guys.

The numbers are out there, but they may not be right. NWR just refuses to acknowledge the numbers as gospel at this stage.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 04:35:21 AM »

Originally posted by: Shift Key
Ever thought that NWR checks their sources rather than blatantly linking Joe Gas Station's post from GAF?Mellow out guys.

You do realize that the GAF has an agreement with NPD, right? And that the figures in question were posted by the management there? And also that, in the past, these same figures are the ones that get quoted in the company press releases?

I don't think there is any reason to doubt their legitimacy in this case, although I'm not faulting them for choosing to respect the agreement GAF has with the NPD.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2007, 04:59:49 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Walmart Customer: "excuse me, uh wait, why does your name tag say UncleBob?"
UncleBob: "Yes, what can I do for you?"
Walmart Customer: "Can you get Madden Wii out of the case for me?"
UncleBob: "I DO NOT CARE IF  YOU PURCHASE THIS TITLE BLAARRRGH MY NAME IS RICHARD"

THAT WAS YOU?!?!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.