Author Topic: Guilty Gear Series officially killed off (aka: Guilty Gear 2)  (Read 6636 times)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Guilty Gear series turns to crap (aka: Guilty Gear 2)
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 06:42:02 AM »
I agree with KDR about calling the game Guilty Gear 2.  Fans react more harshly to major changes to the "main line" of a series.  If Dr. Mario was called Super Mario Bros 3 people would probably sh!t on that, too.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
RE:Guilty Gear series turns to crap (aka: Guilty Gear 2)
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 08:01:50 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
I agree with KDR about calling the game Guilty Gear 2.  Fans react more harshly to major changes to the "main line" of a series.  If Dr. Mario was called Super Mario Bros 3 people would probably sh!t on that, too.

/perfect

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 08:39:56 AM »

Bill Aurion wrote:
They are ballooning all of the female characters for absolutely no reason, and the team seriously seems more interested in how the characters' clothes move on their bodies than the actual, you know, gameplay...Interest is declining... =|

The female characters have always had large chests and the reason that they have large chests is because the game will attract more attention from virgins and thus sell more. I thought that was quite clear.

Besides, the point is that capamerica brought up the state of fighting games by mentioning Soulcalibur Legends, but a fourth installment of Soulcalibur is indeed coming, making what is happening to Guilty Gear (in which the future of the 2D fighting series is unknown) quite different than what is happening to Soulcalibur.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 08:50:20 AM »

The female characters have always had large chests and the reason that they have large chests is because the game will attract more attention from horny gamers and thus sell more. I thought that was quite clear.

Fixed.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2007, 07:56:18 PM »
That's actually a good fix. Pretty sure 10 year old girls arn't falling overthemsleves to buy TOmb Raider.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Galford

• View Profile
RE:Guilty Gear series turns to crap (aka: Guilty Gear 2)
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 06:20:35 PM »
From looking at the screen shots via the link they seem to be focusing on Ky and Sol Bad Guy.
I wonder who the main enemy will be, the Order, Justice?

Wii Code - 8679 5256 1008 2077

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 02:18:42 AM »
These shots are of an incomplete game, it's possible that Sol and Ky are the only characters in a presentable state and that at least some others will be added later.