Author Topic: Datel Reveals My Mii Manager for PC  (Read 4519 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Datel Reveals My Mii Manager for PC
« on: April 12, 2007, 05:11:32 AM »
Edit your Miis on your PC.  Somehow.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13317

Datel, the company best known for the Action Replay game cheat line of products, has come up with another product that enters the gray zone of intellectual property manipulation.    

My Mii Manager is a program for your home computer that allows you to edit your Miis, using an included USB Bluetooth dongle to apparently transfer them via the remote's internal Mii memory.    

The program will set you back $19.99 US or £14.99 UK.  Datel's online store doesn't have the product in just yet, but expect to see it soon.  You can check out the official press release on it below right now, though.    

NWR will try to get our hands on My Mii Manager and see what it's all about.  Check back with us when we do!    

Manage Your Wii Mii...    

...It's easy with My Mii Manager!

April 10th, 2006 - Wii owners can now personalise their Wii Mii the easy way.    

Datel’s powerful Mii Manager software lets you edit your Mii on your PC. It’s a doddle to use. Just import your Mii into the editor, then edit it until your heart’s content. You can even share your Mii with Wii gamers from all over the world over the internet!    

My Mii Manager has everything you need. There’s the powerful Mii Manager software application for your PC, and a USB Bluetooth receiver to let you use your Wii-mote with your computer.    

My Mii Manager is in the shops now, and costs £14.99 UK or $19.99 USA. It can also be bought direct at www.codejunkies.com or by calling 08456 010 015.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
RE: Datel Reveals My Mii Manager for PC
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:42:39 AM »
Actually, someone at NeoGAF pointed out that this kind of thing can be done for free, and that the Mii code is already open.  Interesting.
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 06:26:46 AM »
Indeed, I fooled with this several months ago.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline UERD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 06:35:35 AM »
But "it's a doddle to use"! Surely that makes up for all of this open-source skulduggery or whatever...
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 06:45:53 AM »
Yeah, but last time I checked $20 is good for a Bluetooth dongle.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 07:14:27 AM »
Check again.  They can be had for $8 or less.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline planetidiot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 08:21:31 AM »
Is it a blue tooth USB thing that can be used for anything?  Or just their software?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 10:04:28 AM »
Has anyone actually tried this?  From the box art, I get the impression that there maybe more customization available than what currently exists in the Mii editor on Wii, but the common sense inside of me says that Datel is just trying to be manipulative.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 10:54:31 AM »
It's possible that that they're not necessarly trying to be misleading, but that they don't want to risk using Nintendo "artwork" on their packages...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Datel Reveals My Mii Manager for PC
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 01:51:24 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
It's possible that that they're not necessarly trying to be misleading, but that they don't want to risk using Nintendo "artwork" on their packages...
LOL at Datel's crappy renditions of Groudon and Kyogre on their Action Replay or whatever for the GBA.  And Yugi too.  But they were avoiding lawsuits.