Author Topic: Turtle Beach Announces DS Headsets  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Turtle Beach Announces DS Headsets
« on: February 13, 2007, 09:27:12 AM »
Headsets include microphones and feature colors that match current DS Lites.

Turtle BeachĀ® Ships Stereo Headphones for NintendoĀ® DSā„¢ and DS Liteā„¢

Pink, Black and White Ear ForceĀ® D2 headphones let gamers play and interact without annoying others.

Elmsford, NY -- February 13, 2007 -- Releasing the second new headphone product in as many days, today Turtle Beach announced the Ear Force D2 stereo headphones -- designed specifically for use with the Nintendo DS and DS Lite portable gaming systems. Featuring a microphone for use with voice and breath activated gaming titles, the headphones are available in black, white and pink to match the popular color schemes of the DS Lite.

"Not only are these headphones comfortable and well built, they're styled to accessorize with the DS Lite gaming platform," said Seth Dotterer, director of marketing for Turtle Beach. "Now you can train your NintendogƤ, chat in Metroid, or hear Yoshi jump and play -- without disturbing those around you. Unlike inexpensive mono-only headsets, the D2 play your game audio in true stereo sound, and have been designed in a light but rugged ergonomic form factor."

The Ear Force D2 have an MSRP of $19.95 and are available at retail outlets nationwide, as well as through the Turtle Beach website (www.TurtleBeach.com) and direct sales center (914-345-2255).

For more information, visit http://www.turtle-beach.com/site/products/earforce/d2.

Matches your DS Lite

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: Turtle Beach Announces DS Headsets
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 09:32:15 AM »
Let's hope they know something we don't.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 09:34:30 AM »
Well Nintendo seems to be planning to release their own headset with mic when Pokemon Diamond & Pearl come out because the games have voice chat over WiFi. These guys are probably hoping to get a few sales before the first-party solution is in stores.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 10:24:27 AM »
Wait... *looks at DS*  What about the original DS Silver color?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 11:45:57 AM »
Looks cool, but how do they sound (and record)?

Someone with Electroplankton should get this and see the difference between the built in mic and the headset one.  (Since you can play back your own recordings)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 12:54:39 PM »
I would get it, but I wouldn't use it.  If there are more games where voice chat is more useful, then it'd be must buy.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 04:43:15 PM »
Well then, if they can't convince that guy, they'll have to shoot for the other one.

get it?!?!  thatguy... otherguy

I'd also be interested in an adapter to go from the DS connector to standard phono jacks, so that I could use a standard headset.