Author Topic: My Idea for a Twilight Princess Sequal  (Read 7861 times)

Offline ViewtifulJoe

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: My Idea for a Twilight Princess Sequal (Spoilers Within)
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »
My ideal zelda game would be first person like oblivion and it would take place in the forest and you would have to be stealthy like in splinter cell and there would be scary parts in it like a horror game...  
RIP TOOKIE WILLIAMS

Wii code 1015 8909 0976 9531

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:My Idea for a Twilight Princess Sequal (Spoilers Within)
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario
HERE IS THE IDEAL ZELDA GAME

It's a 'sequel' to Majoras Mask. This time YOU ARE THE MOON, and you race other moons in space and compete in tournaments for space rupees. During races you have to dodge giants and arrows and bombs that come flying at you. A Goron over on Earth accidently eats a magic bean and a beanstalk grows out of his head and goes up into space, and people climb up this beanstalk to see what all the Moons are up to, these are bosses you fight between races. The ending involves destroying earth.

OH GOD YES
GOREGASM!

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 02:52:36 PM »

Originally posted by: SixthAngel
People who don't like Wind Waker don't like the style and then carry that over to exagerate their problems with the game.

I had no problem with that myself, but what didn't gel for me about Wind Waker was the ocean traveling aspect.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »
I really like this idea.  However, it needs to be enhanced...slightly.  

The game should be 1/2 about Link saving the Twilight realm and another section about Ganondorf's conquering of Hyrule...and the creation of the Wind Waker world.

How I would handle the game is simple.  4 Levels as Link in the Twilight Realm...I would focus on the concept that every person in Hyrule has a Shadow representation of themselves.  Midna is Zelda and is ruler.  Shadow Link is evil...but Shadow Gannondorf is actually an ally.  In the process of the story Shadow Gannondorf is cast back into the realm of Light and once again becomes his evil self.  Link defeats the evil in the Twilight realm but is stuck.  Link discovers that Gannondorf is destroying the land of Hyrule so Midna uses her magic to cast his Tri-force of Courage back into Hyrule...but it is broken into 3 pieces that must be collected.

This is where the game takes a HUGE departure.  The final 4 levels are not played as Link, but as Zelda.  She goes out into the world as Sheik and finds the Tri-Force of Courage hoping together with her wisdom it is enough to stop Ganondorf.  This drastic change would allow new elements of gameplay as we can get new items, weapons, and abilities as we play as a new character.

In the end, Zelda is not able to stop Ganondorf from getting claiming all 3 elements of the tri-force, so she uses the last of her magic and the tri-force of wisdom's power to change the world of Hyrule and imprison Ganondorf in his tower from Wind Waker.  

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 03:47:51 PM »
How about a game where you play as Ganondorf and take over Hyrule (which ends with the Gods flooding Hyrule, etc., etc...)?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
UncleBob:  The problem with that is...that Nintendo has really been pushing that Ganondorf isn't as evil as much as self aborbed and misguided.

My favorite representation of Ganondorf was Wind Waker when he wasn't this evil creature.  He seemed to have a twisted logic and wisdom guiding him.  He understood his mistakes taking over the world, and although he lusts for power, he wants to right the world back to the way it was.

I guess you could technically do this with a Ganondorf story, it is easier to leave it implied within the context of his monologues.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 04:41:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Mario Bullshit, it outsold Majoras Mask.

The Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask: 3.36 mil worldwide

The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker: 4.32 mil worldwide

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time: 7.60 mil worldwide

It beat a sidequest game by 960,000 units but lost to a rival main quest by 3.28 million sales.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 07:35:22 PM »
Ocarina has the slight advantage above all Zelda games considering it was anticipated as the 2nd coming, prior to the emergence of the internet hype machines we see today.  People simply wanted it, without any silly 3-console market division to sway interests and dollars.

Chalk up another successful Zelda hate thread.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 08:20:22 PM »
After reading that Twilight Princess was to take place between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, I hoped Link would die at the end. Once the art of Zelda holding the sword was released, I thought it would be awesome if 3/4 through the game you fight Ganondorf, assuming it's far enough into the game to be the end, and lose. Then, you'd play as Zelda for the last part of the game to tie up loose ends. I've always advocating killing off either Link or Zelda and killing Link made sense to explain Wind Waker's world.

The problem is that Nintendo has no balls. Twlight Princess was filled with opportunities for Nintendo to expand on the history of the world and experiment with the story. I think if Nintendo really wants Twilight Princess to be the last Zelda of its kind, they should go all-out, make significant changes. Although not necessary, I would like to see Nintendo reboot the franchise and start from scratch. What if, for example, the player never actually meets Zelda? She is simply part of a legend and mystery that the player must piece together and unravel. What if you didn't play as Link? What if the story of the great hero Link exists in the world, but he's believed to be just a story? The plot could be entail who the real Link and Zelda were, what they fought about, and how it was all forgotten by the world.

Whatever Nintendo does, I hope they take a stance on the story. How important is it? Zelda is, first and foremost, a game and I want to play. I want interaction with this world. They should either hire writers or shorten the cinemas. I don't want to be taken out of the game for an unengaging story. I'd rather they simplify the storylines and keep me playing.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2007, 01:11:19 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Originally posted by: Mario Bullshit, it outsold Majoras Mask.

The Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask: 3.36 mil worldwide

The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker: 4.32 mil worldwide

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time: 7.60 mil worldwide

It beat a sidequest game by 960,000 units but lost to a rival main quest by 3.28 million sales.

Ummm... it lost in comparison to *the* Zelda game.  How does it compare to Zelda I, LttP, OoA, OoS and TMC?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2007, 02:44:06 AM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
I would like to see Nintendo reboot the franchise and start from scratch.

They do that in nearly every game in the series.  That's why the story makes little to no sense from one to the next.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2007, 05:14:24 AM »
It makes sense.

WW takes place directly after Ocarina.

TP takes place after Majora's Mask (DIFFERENT TIMELINE).

WHATCHU WANT
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2007, 06:22:27 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
UncleBob:  The problem with that is...that Nintendo has really been pushing that Ganondorf isn't as evil as much as self aborbed and misguided.
Did we play the same version of Twilight Princess?  Ganon was pretty flipping evil in my copy.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 06:25:35 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Did we play the same version of Twilight Princess?  Ganon was pretty flipping evil in my copy.

He DID kill one of the sages when he escaped his execution, manipulated Zant in order to take over the Twilight realm and took control of Zelda so that he could battle Link.

That's pretty evil in my book...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 06:33:32 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
It makes sense.

WW takes place directly after Ocarina.

TP takes place after Majora's Mask (DIFFERENT TIMELINE).

WHATCHU WANT

Thats also my theory! but I was kind of hoping that the twilight was a consequence of the divided timelines, and that before WW both timelines joined in a terrible event that practically wiped out Hyrule, and provoked the flood and all that.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 11:32:04 AM »

PartyBear wrote:
They do that in nearly every game in the series. That's why the story makes little to no sense from one to the next.

I mean everyting, gameplay included.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 05:37:29 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob How does it compare to Zelda I, LttP, OoA, OoS and TMC?

WW: 4.32 mil

LoZ: 6.51 mil
LoZ 2: 4.38 mil
LttP: 4.61 mil
OoA+OoS: 3.99 mil
TMC: 1.34 mil

TP is 2.13 on the Wii and no doubt climbing. I'll be curious to see what it reaches once the Wii's userbase is properly fleshed out.

As for WW, it didn't even beat out the side-scrolling Adventure of Link, but it stays safely ahead of the GB/GBA games. WW is currently second to last in sales for home console Zeldas, not counting the CDI ones.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 05:49:02 PM »
Considering that the Gamecube had pretty much the worst install base of all Nintendo's systems it should have sold less then other Zelda's.

Why are fans of a system that sold significantly less then its biggest competitor bringing up sales as a measure of quality?

Back on topic.  If they make the next Zelda start from scratch as usual I would really like to see Midna become a recurring character like the others.  I don't think she necessarily needs to be the queen of the twilight each game so I think there are plenty of places to put her even if it is a tingle style cameo.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 05:49:03 PM »
double the pleasure, double the fun

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2007, 01:35:28 AM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob
How about a game where you play as Ganondorf and take over Hyrule (which ends with the Gods flooding Hyrule, etc., etc...)?

How about hell yes! Any game featuring Ganondorf which involves the destruction of Hyrule would be amazing. Why can't the bad guys win every once in a while? The storyline even calls for it. It sure would put a different twist on LoZ and with the Wii remote a ton of cool things can be done. For instance, waving the Wiimote (as Ganondorfs hands) you can conjure different magic. Some magic might command enemies, other magic might be an attack. You might have to fight through dungeons and kill all the good guys and imprison the leaders. I'm sure there are a ton of different things that could be done with the G-man, and if there is anyone who could figure it out, Nintendo would be it.  
Check out PixlBit!