Author Topic: Wii already has 1/3 of 360 sales! Snowball to stay frozen in hell?!  (Read 9939 times)

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
2 million in the US alone? Did I read that correctly?
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
You are mistaken.  It's all a bunch of LIES.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
microsoft must be cringing as the Wii closes the gap in next gen sales a bit further each day, slowed only by the fact that Nintendo seems happier making DSLites than Wiis.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
If Wii units are slow to come around, do the next best thing and promote the games to help increase that tie-in ratio.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
Well, I bet Nintendo makes more money per DS sold, in comparison to the money they get everytime they sell a Wii. Plus, there are far more AAA games on the DS assuring Nintendo's pocket becomes even fatter. Basically.....they don't have to put much effort into making money at all.

However, ignoring the Wii would be a disaster, but then again....they wanted to have 4 million out by the year's end, and they have sold 3.17 mil. I think by years end they'll have 3.5 million around the globe, which puts them ahead of schedule to sell 6 mil for the fiscal year.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
They better get the lead out and make or BEAT that figure, as far as I'm concerned.

Enough Wii searching will eventually piss people off to the point where they eventually forget about buying one (it happens).
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
Not neccessarily....

If you don't want a Wii, I'm sure someone will take your place. For instance, just today my brother said to me "Yo...Christmas is over.....let's get a Wii." Whether we find one or not, it doesn't matter because Wii is as viral a system as one can be, and once more games come forth it will renew interest.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
I'm not underestimating its viral power as I've personally witnessed it well over 10 times already, but I do think the window won't stay open indefinitely.

But early Feb should be the latest for Nintendo to get piles of systems into stores. The problem with the Wii (and every company wishes they had problems like this) is that every Wii sold practically guarantees another Wii sold, possibly more.

I mean, when does the average chain of friends end? Usually, they don't. You'll always know at least one more person who will see the Wii, want one, and then show theirs to a different set of friends/relatives and the chain continues.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
well, they can turn out Wii's faster than PS3 can be turned out,
I think it's safe to say christmas next year, PS3 will be dead
I'm gonna say I see it holding less of the market than even the gamecube
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
Whoa....I think the PS3 is having a tough time, but dead?

Let's not be blinded with optimism. Sure the PS3 has had a tough time entering into the market, but hindsight's a bitch. I seem to remember the PSP launching terrible as well, but it is still sellling (slowly, but steadily).
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom

Originally posted by: NeoThunder
I'm gonna say I see it holding less of the market than even the gamecube

I doubt that. If they drop the price, I see it being able to do well versus the 360. The question is when and by how much the price would drop, though. If Sony gets desperate, I could see them cutting the price pretty quickly, much like they did with the PS1 which eventually led to it overcoming the Saturn and N64. However, Sony will be bleeding money to do so, considering how much they already lose on the system, and there is little to stop Microsoft from cutting the 360 price even lower to counteract it.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
At which point Nintendo will simultanieously drop the price to $220 (with Wiisports included), and announce the itunes channel; thus, successfully pressing the "WIN" button.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
if sales of 360 don't go up any, you can probley count on a price drop annouced at E3, to compete with nintendo Wii if it continues to do well

on the other hand, sony would just be cutting their throuts even more if they cut the price, and as long as sony doesn't lower the price, 360 has no reason to lower theirs
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Pittbboi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I think it would be the nail on the coffin for Sony if Microsoft lowered their price any time soon. Heck maybe even for Nintendo...but not so much.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: NeoThunder
if sales of 360 don't go up any, you can probley count on a price drop

I agree... If the XBox 360 continues to track under or around original XBox numbers, then Microsoft will be tempted to do this.

..UNLESS they're happy with a niche market. But they'll probably do it anyways just to throw stick it to Sony.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Kairon

I agree... If the XBox 360 continues to track under or around original XBox numbers, then Microsoft will be tempted to do this.

..UNLESS they're happy with a niche market. But they'll probably do it anyways just to throw stick it to Sony.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

They are advertising the 360 to a niche market though.  The features that are pushed the most are xbox live and HD (there are still many people without internet/broadband.)  These are both features that not everyone is capable of using and should not be pushed as the primary reason for purchase.  They seem to want mainly the most hardcore gamers because of this and the types of games available.  If you don't have online (or don't want to pay) or don't have an hdtv (or don't care about hd resolution) the xbox isn't very tempting especially when the features are advertised as almost necessary.

The Wii's big selling point is something everyone who gets the system can use, just like it should be.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
But wasn't it Peter Moore who said he wanted to sell a hundred million 360s (or some ridiculous figure like that)?  That's not exactly a niche figure.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline bmmontfort

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I can't wait to see how everyone did this Christmas. I don't care how Sony did, as I'm going with the Wii and the 360, I hope both did really well.