Author Topic: Microsoft Class Action Lawsuit  (Read 1687 times)

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Microsoft Class Action Lawsuit
« on: December 07, 2006, 09:27:44 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25210068

Apparently modders and people who don't get the right error codes have to pay $140 to have their update bricked systems fixed.

Nintendo handled a similar situation so much better, and i know first hand, my Wii got an update issue where it couldn't get online.  Nintendo Next Day shipped me a new system free of charge, same thing with my original DS only it was a dead pixel problem.

I remember microsoft pulling the same $hit on me when my 2 original xbox's broke down. Both were the DVD-Drives, I have a suspicion their drives $ucked major @ss.  

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Microsoft Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 01:48:29 AM »
Well Microsoft obviously wants to lock down modders on the 360 since look how strict they have been  against modders on the original Xbox. I bet Microsoft would force people to pay for shipping if their X360 was modded and not if their X360 is legit. I still think its sad on the ammount of how much people sue in America, since a lot of people sue for the most miniscule things.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Microsoft Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:10:57 AM »
I agree somewhat, the class action lawsuit is asking for a outrageous amount of money.  However some people are getting screwed because they are not getting the exact error code, or their system is completly bricked.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 02:54:01 PM »
This is Microsoft's fault. The last update checked to make sure the Xbox 360 had it's original DVD-ROM that it shipped with in it (not the original firmware, although this check was done using a firmware read), and ended up bricking a lot of refurbished consoles that had their DVD-ROM swapped out. It has little, if anything, to do with firmware modding. I believe they updated the Fall dashboard upgrade to remove this check, which was ruining perfectly good systems. I'd be pissed if they ruined my system, luckily mine has all of it's original parts in it.  
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 05:13:57 PM »
It is completely unreasonable for Microsoft to charge any amount of money to fix a system if the system is under warranty or Microsoft caused it to brick. As a result, Microsoft deserves to be sued so that the people who spent money to have their's fixed get their money back, and those whose haven't been sent yet get free repair. The end user shouldn't have to pay for someone elses mistake, bottom line. I think Microsoft can spare a few million dollars to ensure customer satisfaction, it's not like they have billions in the bank or anything ...
Check out PixlBit!