Author Topic: Mario Party 8 delayed till Summer? Interesting...  (Read 6370 times)

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Mario Party 8 delayed till Summer? Interesting...
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 10:31:34 AM »
I think wanting Zelda to have voice is piss poor whining.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Pittbboi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 10:34:46 AM »
And I think that's whining.

I didn't say the Zelda games sucked because he wasn't speaking.  But Nintendo themselves said they're taking Zelda to a new place for the next console version of it, and I'm a part of the growing group of who would like to see voice acting implemented in the next game. Zelda's an epic game, it's about time they made the jump.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 10:59:34 AM »
"But Nintendo themselves said they're taking Zelda to a new place for the next console version of it...

Yeah, I'm fairly sure they are talking about something that actually affects gameplay...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Pittbboi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 11:07:15 AM »
yeah, embellishing the storyline/setting/voices/etc may not affect gameplay but it would definitely enhance the overall game. I know Nintendo's whole simplicity mantra...but Zelda is Nintendo's epic, I would love to see them make Hyrule a more rich and textured world than it already is.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Mario Party 8 delayed till Summer? Interesting...
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Yeah, imagine Mario Party 8 and playing online with say, ME, and i decide to be an asshat and DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHILE IT'S MY TURN for at least 10 minutes.  You'd want to kick my ass or deactivate my controller or something, but you can't cuz we're online.  And someone will have to close/restart the current game to get everything moving again.

In current online games, they already have fail-safes which simply boot the player if they don't respond for too long. The same would exist in MP, no doubt.

As for voice acting in Zelda, if done right, it could add a great deal to the immersion, but if done wrong, it could wreck the series. I think I'd like to see it done in another Nintendo native game first before I'd want to really see it in Zelda.

And yeah, Link wouldn't talk either way. We don't need "EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, Princess!" to shock and horrify a whole new generation of Zelda players.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 12:47:06 PM »
Link is perfect as he is. They give him just enough attributes for you to care, and they let you fill in the rest of his character. Think of when in OoT he, as a kid, drew his sword in defiance of Ganondorf, who was chasing Zelda. That action does more than any words could.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Pittbboi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 01:14:33 PM »

As for voice acting in Zelda, if done right, it could add a great deal to the immersion, but if done wrong, it could wreck the series. I think I'd like to see it done in another Nintendo native game first before I'd want to really see it in Zelda.

And yeah, Link wouldn't talk either way. We don't need "EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, Princess!" to shock and horrify a whole new generation of Zelda players.

LOL...

You know, I wasn't for voice acting until in Zelda (I just didn't think technology was there) until, ironically, I played FFXII. That game may have done more than a few things wrong, but it's arguably the first game to get full voice acting right. And a lot of people would argue that the texture and quality of the voice acting actually saves a lot of the story. Imagine FFXII level voice acting in a Zelda game...

Of course, that would require Nintendo taking voice acting seriously as integral to the quality of the game...something I'm not entirely sure they would do.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 01:20:53 PM »
Eternal Darkness got voice acting right.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 01:34:11 PM »
Yeah, ED did immense justice to the VA, and that largely comes from the fact that that the dialogue was so well written. There was never a point in the game where you said, "No one would ever say something like that." because the dialogue sounds realistic enough that all the VA sounds natural.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 04:43:42 PM »
Skeletor was so cool in ED.

"WHERRREE IS THE ESSENCE OF MANTOROK!?  WHERRREE IS IT?  I WILL NOT ASK AGAIN, CHILD."

Hell, Super Metroid got voice acting right.

To give Link substantial voice work would pull him away from being the quiet humble hero we're used to.  Or if he had voice work, he wouldn't talk much at all, since everyone else in the game barks orders and requests at him.

Well, what do we gain from Link's voice acting?  Do we get to hear him think?  Will he be a humble, boring guy to listen to?  Will he have an annoying attitude?  Or will he be horrendously witty like Reon S. Kennedy?  Is there anything profound going on in his head other than "how the fark did i get in this mess? oh yeah, it was that &$*^$#*@ princess!"

Frankly, I don't care what he thinks.  They'd have to go thru the trouble of making up some motivation and conviction for him, and he'll probably angst out like Lloyd from Tales.

Wind Waker's Link told plenty through his fat face alone, and I was satisfied.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.