Author Topic: Self imposed list of shame  (Read 11738 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE:Self imposed list of shame
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2006, 11:40:45 AM »

Originally posted by: Svevan
I am a HUGE fan of Quest 64. /confession
As soon as I opened this thread I thought about my copy of Quest 64.  I can't believe so many of you people like it.  Send me $3 for shipping and I'll mail it to you.  I'll even throw in a free copy of War Gods.  I have the boxes, manuals, Nintendo Power inserts and even the original plastic bags that the cartridges came wrapped in.

I also own a (used) copy of Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt for SNES.  The game actually wasn't that bad, but it was full of cheap deaths and impossible to finish levels.  Bill should make a video review.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Self imposed list of shame
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2006, 12:25:10 PM »
Anybody remember the game 8 Eyes for the NES? I'm not sure if it qualifies as a guilty purchase, but it's basically a Castlevania rip-off.

It's a sidescrolling platformer, and you're this guy with a hawk, and you have to find these 8 jewels to Save the Land! The hawk was actually pretty cool, because it could be controlled by a 2nd player, and could clear out other platform levels before the fragile and vulnerable guy character had to climb a ladder and get his butt kicked by them. The bird only had one attack if I remember correctly - Dive - down+B or something... Man, that game was tough. But fun!
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2006, 12:27:04 PM »
Ahahaha, oh man, one of my former roommates now has an NES emulator on his XBox with a crapload of NES games I haven't even HEARD of...There's so much comedy gold in it that I might have to drag my camera over there sometime... ='D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »

Originally posted by: Svevan
I am a HUGE fan of Quest 64. /confession

Same, I enjoyed that game a lot too... was also sad when the sequel got canned (seems I was the only one... ;_; ).  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2006, 07:09:27 PM »
god, I hated Quest64....a lot =|

"look! bats! let's fight! .... they have Level 3 water magic???? Oh shi--"

not to mentions the times I got stuck against the wall with that "marvelous" octogonal area....
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2006, 07:54:20 PM »
I bought Mega Man Anniversary Collection just for Mega Man: The Power Battles as I owned all the other games in their original format.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report