Author Topic: Nintendo DS Download Station Locator Online!  (Read 15927 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo DS Download Station Locator Online!
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2006, 03:32:55 PM »
Yeah, I played a demo of Brain Training before I got the retail version, and whenever you did the 20 math problems, the last answer was always "1", even though the problem would be like "8-2=", of course I would write "6", but according to my DS, 8-2=1.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 05:42:31 AM »
if they say anything about your DS ask them if they sell DS's with games and scratches and pre-installed user settings with your name on them.

if so, tell them you want a cut.  

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 10:29:18 AM »
It's weird, I went to the Best Buy, and I never actual "saw" the download station. But standing near the gaming section (next to some tweens playing Gitaroo Man) I was able to connect and download the Brain Training demo. Very cool, IMO.

The $5 off any DS title I combined with a copy of Bomberman DS marked $15 and got for $10. Not sure when I'll get a chance to play it though, since that would mean losing the Brain Training Demo. I at least want my mom to try it first.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
RE:Nintendo DS Download Station Locator Online!
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 10:39:52 AM »

Originally posted by: MarioAllStar
I saw one of these in Best Buy a week ago and conveniently had my DS in the car (I usually keep it at home). It was great to try out Brain Training. The only problem I had was that Brain Training didn't accept the word "blue". Not from me, not from my sister, not from my mother. I suppose the kinks are still being worked out, but what was there was great. Sudoku is great on the DS.

Yeah, I hope they fix that voice problem... I figured out there are two ways to get around it. You can either say "Baloo" like the character from the Jungle Book, or you can say "Brue" with an emphasis on the "ue". Doing that I got it to accept my blues more often than not, but the delay from the 'not' parts still left me "in it's eighties"

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2006, 06:54:59 PM »
I've never experienced that problem, Brain Training (retail) always recognizes the colors I say perfectly...so consider it fixed, I guess. There are a couple other problems, it likes you to make your number fours look like they do on a keyboard (4, where it it's shaped like a triangle), which is how some people make them anyway, but I write mine with an open top, so it takes a little getting used to. Also, and this has only happened once, if you're doing the math problems, and say the answer is 15, but you accidentally write the 5 first, you can't just write a 1 in front of the 5 after this, or the game thinks you're writing 51, even though you placed the 1 before the 5, you must hit erase and rewrite the answer. Brain Training goes by whatever you write first as the first number, which makes sense if you think about it really, but if you don't remember this, it'll mark you incorrect and will majorly hurt your score.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 09:29:14 AM »

Also, and this has only happened once, if you're doing the math problems, and say the answer is 15, but you accidentally write the 5 first, you can't just write a 1 in front of the 5 after this, or the game thinks you're writing 51, even though you placed the 1 before the 5, you must hit erase and rewrite the answer. Brain Training goes by whatever you write first as the first number
That's kind of crappy.  So much for carrying/borrowing when adding/subtracting.  I hope there aren't any large-number problems (e.g. 5,432 - 4,189).
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 06:49:09 PM »
Nothing like that, it's all simple math...at least so far. My brain age is 23 today, down from originally 40, 20 is the ideal age...and I'm 24 in real life so I guess that's pretty good.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 09:17:28 AM »
I just checked out my location in the website and I have ten locations within five miles of my house.  I'm going to have to check this bad boy out.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 09:36:57 PM »
My gamestop just got one two days ago and I must say it is super awesome.  I brought true swing golf (I think that's the name) just because of the demo. I would not have otherwise touched the game.  I can't wait until we start getting demos of games that aren't out yet. (brain training doesn't really count cause it's out tuesday).
The brain training demo always messed up my blue and black. maybe it's my accent though. good to hear the retail version may not have that problem. overall super slick thing this download station is.

Offline RiskyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2006, 07:40:09 AM »
I visited a download station at gamecrazy last night, and it was a pretty awesome experience.  Super *quick* downloads.  I ended up playing sudoku while chatting with the employees for like a half hour (all while showing off my ds lite!).

The employees mentioned getting upgrades every 2 to 3 months.  Pretty exciting!

Offline silentbob

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2006, 01:18:58 PM »
I downloaded the brain training demo, I can't get it to understand the word blue, i keep having to say brue lol