Author Topic: INTERVIEWS: NST Discusses Metroid Prime: Hunters  (Read 20190 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: INTERVIEWS: NST Discusses Metroid Prime: Hunters
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2006, 02:56:29 PM »
In games like Pokemon and Wrestling, the desire to follow the rules comes from wanting to remain within the confines of the law (I guess) and still wreck the other person. This forgives wrestling more than the other two because anyone can attack someone at random but beating them at "their own game" is more satisfying and (again, I guess) devastating.

In F-Zero that argument basically goes out the window when Blackshadow does things like attach bombs to Falcon's car and blow up buildings. F-Zero seems pretty lawless so I don't understand why the racers still race each other even though they all have ulterior motives.

Blackshadow is a known, wanted criminal and yet he's allowed to race in broad daylight without any law enforcement waiting for him at the finish line.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: INTERVIEWS: NST Discusses Metroid Prime: Hunters
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2006, 03:14:03 PM »
Oh man I didn't realize F-Zero was real life I thought it was make believe!!!

Where can I get tickets to race????
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:INTERVIEWS: NST Discusses Metroid Prime: Hunters
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2006, 03:22:58 PM »

It's no different than stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon where villians will attack the good guy within the confines the established rules for dueling/battling. Or wrestling where a guy's all like "From now on it's personal! I'm going to destroy you... at our official santioned match at the Pay-Per-View next month in front of a sold-out arena crowd. I could just jump you coming out of your car in the parking lot but I'm going to wait until the match to get you. And if I decide to attack you prior to the match I'll make sure it takes place during our live weekly show and that a camera man is present."
Yeah, but over time I've learnt the art of suspension of disbelief, so these things don't bother me much. I play F-Zero to play a good racing game. To me, that's it..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig