Author Topic: GiFTPiA vids  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
GiFTPiA vids
« on: April 25, 2003, 06:38:15 PM »
Found some GiFTPia vids. These are on my own webspace. And yes, that is the real game audio you will hear, and no the subtitles in the last one are not in the real game. Enjoy.

GiFTPiA video 1    

GiFTPiA video 2    

GiFTPiA video 3    

GiFTPiA video 4    
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
GiFTPiA vids
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2003, 06:48:08 PM »
Thanks for the movies.  It looks a lot like Animal Crossing, but kind of... cooler.  I really hope that this one comes to the US.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline BobbyRobby

• View Profile
GiFTPiA vids
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 07:04:13 PM »
Thanks for the movies.  It looks and sounds totally awesome.  I hope it'll be brought here.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
                               ~Viktor N' Flik

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
New GiFTPiA vids!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 05:44:14 AM »
I bought Giftpia today.

I've only played it a few minutes, but my first impression:  annoying.
  1. The characters are annoying (hard to explain why, they just are).
  2. Fixed perspective, like Animal Crossing; after playing ZWW, this is kind of annoying.
  3. Extremely annoying fake voice sounds (that play whenever someone says something, though you have to read the actual text).
  4. Lots of `answer this question but if you give the wrong answer, just repeat the question' questions -- annoying.
  5. Stupid robot follows you around and if you try to go beyond invisible boundaries starts blabbing at you, requiring to hit the A button a bunch of times to make him shut up.  I really wish there was a way to kill the robot.
  6. In general too much can't-skip-it-have-to-hit-the-A-button-100-times dialog sequences

On the plus side, the graphics are excellent, and your girlfriend keeps kissing you (or hugging you, I can't tell exactly because your face is constantly hidden by this blurry pixel thing [oh, that's another thing that's annoying]), which I found kind of nice.

Hopefully it will pick up a bit after a while, but right now I feel vaguely cheated...

Offline mariomeatball

• View Profile
New GiFTPiA vids!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 08:12:24 AM »
This whole game reminds me of The Beatles Sgt. Peppers phase....... crazy! Love the music, dunno so much about the game. We'll see I guess.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
New GiFTPiA vids!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 08:38:29 AM »
From what I see the game looks okay, but hopefully the game will stack up better then from Mac's overall impressions of the game.

Offline popkorn1

• View Profile
New GiFTPiA vids!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 08:44:42 AM »
Maybe Giftpia = Animal Crossing 2

So I'm dumb, sue me.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
New GiFTPiA vids!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 08:46:39 AM »
No, beacause Giftipia is made by a different company then Nintendo, and us Nintendo fans that love Animal Crossing would go nuts over the new game, Moderators would lock threads constantly for being on the same subject, and what not.  It's a good guess if you don't know anything about the game.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
New GiFTPiA vids!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2003, 11:24:10 AM »
the game looks great graphic wise and the music is just freaky.....but i like it
it looks like it is animal crossing on some sort of drug
i havent played it so i cant say how it really is
i just want it to come out here in america
i call the big one bitey.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
New GiFTPiA vids!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2003, 12:17:03 PM »
If it makes it stateside, I hope they get rid of that awful mosaic over the main character's face.

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
New GiFTPiA vids!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2003, 12:38:04 PM »
Yeah I never understood why the heck the face was messed up.  They need to stop that, very annoying for me to watch.

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
New GiFTPiA vids!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2003, 12:46:12 PM »
Yeah, usually when some japanese media is mosaic'd out, it means its obscene.  Maybe his face is genetalia?

The only other thing I can think of is that they want to give the illusion that he could be anyone.  Or it's an easy way for them to not display emotions (which would be really, really weird if that was the reason).