Author Topic: Problems with Nintendo Australia  (Read 1906 times)

Offline Aussiedude

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Problems with Nintendo Australia
« on: November 09, 2005, 10:27:45 AM »
The touch screen of my DS stopped working in the middle section (symptom in picto chat is a sraight line drawn verticaly came out wiggly at the end),  however Nintendo Australia state that this is "Normal Wear and Tear" and is NOT covered by the warrenty. However the will repair it for $55 AUD, how nice of them. If I dont wish it repaired I must still pay $25 AUD to get it back. All this for a unit only about 4 months old.

There were no scratches on the screen or anywhere on the unit for that matter, and the unit was well looked after and never dropped.

Anyone else had problems with nintendo service?

Will Wii Win?  

Offline MrMojoRising

• View Profile
RE:Problems with Nintendo Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 10:35:02 AM »
No, but I don't live in Austrailia.  NOA caters to my needs fairly well, and if they don't I always have the option of stalking Reggie and kicking him in the nuts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Problems with Nintendo Australia
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 12:11:49 PM »
It's definitely only NAL for all I know...A friend of mine turned his in to NOA for a single dead pixel a while back and got a new one free of charge...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 12:57:24 PM »
Yeh, it's really good here too... they were taking back the dead pixel ones too.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 01:59:38 PM »
My top screen stopped working and the offered to fix it at no cost.....NAL that is.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Aussiedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 02:57:02 PM »
Did you deal with them directly or did you return it to where u bought it? Please let me know.

Probably the top screen is not defined as a component that is subject to wear and tear, like a touch screen.

Overall I was totally pissed off with them, they even lied on theirt repair sheet to cover themselves incase I went aheaad to consumer affairs.
The repair sheet stated that the touch screeen was phisically damaged,  but when I compained over the phone they sated it was a crack in the circuit board in the top left hand corner.

I got mine from KMART, who sent it on to Nintendo. Ive talked to my local EB, any future DS's (my nieces want them for XMAS) will be purchased there, as they swap it over imediately (assuming the screen is not acually physically damaged, which it wasnt) and let head office deal with Nintendo Australia.

Will Wii Win?  

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 03:11:13 PM »
I rang them up, told them the situation and the told me to give them the DS and they'd fix it. I was hoping they would replace it, but I guess it's still better than nothing.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).