Author Topic: funniest video game memory  (Read 2679 times)

Offline raptorspike

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
funniest video game memory
« on: October 09, 2005, 12:43:49 PM »
Here's a question I am sure everyone has an answer to. WHat is your funniest video game memory? one that everytime you think of it, you can't help but laugh.

Mine is from about 8 years ago. I was coming home from a normal day of school. I walk past the front window and saw my dad was playing video games. I couldn't see what game (or console) he was playing. When I get inside, i see he is attempting to play Super Mario 64. He gave up after 10 minutes because he was too confused. I don't mean to question my father's intelligence (he is a very bright man), but it doesn't take a whole lot to transfer basic gameplay from something like doom to another 3d game!

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
RE: funniest video game memory
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 12:56:12 PM »
My dad was playing Mario Kart 64 with my sister.  My sister's turning the controller REVOLUTION in an attempt to turn the car, and my dad's trying as hard as he can to stay in the right lane.  blol much?
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 01:18:43 PM »
I can't think of any specific funny event, but any game of Mario Party turns into a ball of hilarity... =D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 03:42:25 PM »
Zelda 4 Swords... dear God. So many moments.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 04:31:54 PM »
I wish I could remember the name, but it was a commando type game for the NES with an overhead view. The game only scrolled upwards.

In 2-player mode, my friend moved his way up to the top of the screen (to scroll the camera) before I could keep up with him. One time I got trapped behind this inverted V-shaped obstacle and I could get out. The camera didn't scroll downward at all, so I was trapped at the very bottom of the screen. We had to reset and start over.

Maybe ya had to be there.
"wow."

Offline raptorspike

• View Profile
RE:funniest video game memory
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 05:15:23 PM »
The game I think you are talking about is Ikari Warriors.  

Offline BigJim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 06:06:49 PM »
Yes! LOL.
"wow."

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 06:45:29 PM »
Lots of SSBM moments (like my friend trying to kill Peach, who was falling anyway, and by hitting her he gave her another jump; she made it up, he died ).
Probably the best is from Kirby 64.  My sister and I were playing the falling fruit minigame one morning, and she was hilariously bad at it.  Whenever a bomb came down everyone would run away from it, and she'd be so excited she could get one she'd run over and it'd blow her up, and she's loose all of her fruit.  Funniest thing ever, I lol'd until I was short of breath and tears were running down my face.  She mentions it and I'll still burst out laughing
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:funniest video game memory
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 06:54:27 PM »
Proberly from WWF attitude

2 times:

1. got stuck in the mat, couldnt get up nor could I attack the other person
2. first blood match, lasted 40mins, a snapmare ended up winning the game (a move that couldnt possable cut ur head open) yet chairs didnt do anything

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 09:35:53 AM »
Funniest moments were probably the times in Super Smash Bros when my friends and I discovered you could kill your opponent (and yourself) with Ness or Kirby by grabbing them and jumping off the edge.  So many fists have been thrown since then it's unbelievable.

Another fond memory is when one of my friends and I used to play 9-ball and bet Super Smash Bros (the original) items/characters/locations, etc.  For example, we'd bet and whoever lost the game of 9-ball wouldn't be able to use the beam sword anymore (until he won it back).  My favorite is when he lost the privilege to stand on the Helipad in Saffron City.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 02:05:19 PM »
If someone could've seen me try to beat Goldeneye without cheat codes it would've been pretty funny.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.