Author Topic: World of Mana  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
World of Mana
« on: August 01, 2005, 11:16:59 AM »
been announced for all platforms by Square Enix
yay a new mana game for cube (or rev)
Exciting

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:World of Mana
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 01:48:02 PM »
link?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: World of Mana
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 06:04:42 PM »
Actually I believe it was announced for PS2 and DS...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 06:21:55 PM »
ok I just looked it up myself, and so far its only for PS2 & DS

World of Mana Project

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 09:26:06 PM »
the-magicbox reported other wise
and there normally 99% right

here

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 01:25:55 AM »
I'll quote The-MagicBox just so everyone else can be lazy and not have to look for it

- Square Enix revealed new info on World of Mana, it is a project that the company is working on, to bring new Seiken Densetsu titles to everyone in all platforms and in various genres, it is the revival of the series, not just one particular title.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 01:57:32 AM »
More like Magic Box just make crap up and misquote everyone.

The Mana series is a joke, people just havent realised it yet.

I'm totally not excited.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 03:58:33 PM »
"World of Mana" is what Square is calling "polymorphic content". It is not a game.

"The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII" is a similar "polymorphic content" project.

It's like... "The Compilation of FF7" isn't on the PS2/PSP/DVD and cell phones. "FF7: Advent Children" is on DVD and UMD Video. "FF7: Before Crisis" is on cell phones in Japan. "FF7: Crisis Core" is on the PSP. "FF7: Dirge of Cerberus" is on the PS2. And more titles for any other platforms may be added at any time.

"World of Mana" is the next player in Square's "big unified milking" philosophy. I don't think this is news.

The first two games in this new "series" are supposedly going to the PS2 and NDS. This is news, apparently. Of course, these two games don't seem to have forms or individual names announced yet.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 02:58:16 AM »
yes "world of mana" is the project name
I think your going overboard on the attitude of them milking mana.
FF7 is being milked for sony and a few java phone games, the announcement is alot different for mana.
Different consoles, there trying to make this a family reconised name
Not like FF, were old skool games love the old games and 14year olds think ffx is the best game ever cause they dont know better

edit:

"A grand tale that begins with the Mana Tree will unravel before you. The Legend Lives On. Epic new tales in the Mana series are in the midst of being spun. From past to present, and on to the future, the Mana series continues to evolve. Glimpse the many facets of the World of Mana through a multitude of platforms -- glimpses that will soon unfold into an unforgettable fantasy experience. The day you can next step into the world of Mana is drawing near." Square-Enix

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 06:52:48 AM »
What I found out the other day, after reading the new issue of OPM was that Secret of Mana was originally planned for the SNES CD add on and after the CD add on was scrapped Square moved the game to SNES cartridge and a lot of the game was cut out because of size limitation.  I never knew that.  It also stated that there were obvisous plot holes in the game, but try as hard as I might, I really can't think back and notice anything that was really out of whack about the game.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 08:26:30 PM »
Well the whole game was pretty much nonsense.

Anyway since we've cleared up that World of Mana isa horrid cross promotion that doesn't involve Gamecube can we move/close this thread?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 02:50:13 AM »
"Anyway since we've cleared up that World of Mana isa horrid cross promotion that doesn't involve Gamecube can we move/close this thread?"

what are you talking about?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 05:09:40 AM »
Well it should technically be moved to the DS section, I guess...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Leon Esla

• Custom Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 09:57:52 AM »
Being the Square-Enix fanboy that I am.  I can't wait.  On a side note, I hope they make some Lufia games now that they've absorbed Taito.

But yeah, back to the Seiken Densetsu series.  I'm still waiting on a port of Seiken Densetsu 3.  World of Mana should quench my thirst for at least a little while though.  If not that, then Radiata Stories or Kingdom Hearts 2.
Member of the AllRPG exploration committee.

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 10:18:46 AM »
Alas...to play Seiken Densetsu 3 on an effing console would be great...but I really don't see them porting it to any new system, much less translating it for us poor uni-lingual folk.

I'm just happy about FF III, personally.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 11:28:47 AM »
I'd rather have them ditch FFCC and use Seiken Densetsu 3 as a basis for co-op multiplayer, as far as combat's concerned.  Then we'd have a little more attack/spell variety.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Leon Esla

• Custom Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 01:09:02 PM »

Originally posted by: TMW
I'm just happy about FF III, personally.

To be honest, I can't really bring myself to enjoy old FF games like I used to.  Even the ones I haven't played I tend to have to force myself through.  Then again I've been having trouble playing through new games as well, but at least I enjoy those... whereas old games are more of a nostalgiac enjoyment.  Looking back on a game like Chrono Trigger is great, but as replaying a game like that is pretty much a nostalgiac experience, and not one for quality.

That generally a problem I have with typical 32-bit JRPGs.  The Seiken Densetsu series is quite a bit different from your typical JRPG of that day though, so it's a pretty enjoyable experience for me.  Anyway, what was the point I was making here?  Ah yes... I won't really be happy with FF III.
Member of the AllRPG exploration committee.