Author Topic: Sony to show PS3 @ E3  (Read 34252 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Sony to show PS3 @ E3
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2005, 10:28:07 PM »
Looking at Killzone that looks like either a heavy noise filter or an AO solution. AO won't work without raytracing and if that's it I doubt the PS3 an do that. No matter how powerful the Cell is, it can't be roughly 1000 times faster than my PC.  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:Sony to show PS3 @ E3
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2005, 12:54:22 AM »
I can't even imagine what may be possible using the tech that was displayed with the eye-toy

Offline BigJim

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2005, 01:59:26 AM »

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
LOL

Heh. I was thinking George Foreman Grill.  PS3 CUTS TEH FAT!!!1!
"wow."

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2005, 05:52:40 AM »
Killzone: I know the first game sucks, but the graphics for the sequel look great, which is why it's worthy of mention.  I'm questioning whether or not Sony's showing us real graphics, because what I've seen (admittedly not much) seems significantly better than most of the Xbox 360 offerings.  Moreso than I expected.

PS3: I like the design - it's not great, but I think it has more flair than Revolution.  I think it's amazing that Sony can offer three colours and make them all boring.  But I guess that's what most people want.

Controller: Looks cool, and totally impossible to use.  I can't really judge usability from pictures, though...I'm really interested to hear impressions of those controllers.

Games: Yes, both Sony and Microsoft have showcased one huge pile of blah in terms of games.  Wow more racing games and FPS'...now I remember why I didn't buy an Xbox.  I can't wait to see Nintendo's trailers...I hope they show something new.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2005, 05:56:40 AM »
You LIKE the PS3 and hate the Rev? LOL! It looks like a friggin kitchen appliance! It's butt ugly!

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2005, 06:36:18 AM »
The PS3 looks like an evil answering machine/hybrid crap and the new controller design looks even cheaper than the Xbox360 controller.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2005, 11:07:41 AM »
Yes, I like round stuff, as opposed to boring rectangles.  I wish square designs would stay in the 1980s, where they belong.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2005, 11:50:18 AM »
I like the look of both the Rev & the PS3 (especially the black one)

but the Rev does look like I could slide it into a bay on my PC, they could add a little something to the look

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2005, 12:03:41 PM »
PS3>Revolution>Xbox360 in terms of looks, IMO. However, I give extra credit to the Revolution for the actual size of the console, compared to the beasts that the others are.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2005, 11:49:08 PM »

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2005, 11:57:50 PM »
Half a grand for a console? No way. Who would buy that? Sony isn't that stupid.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2005, 03:42:11 AM »
yes they are!
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2005, 09:08:20 AM »
What's it say?  I've already been tricked into clicking an IGN link once today.  I refuse to do it a second time.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2005, 10:26:02 AM »
$465 for a PS3 it what is says

there is no way it will cost that much, remember what the PSP was supposed to cost before it launched, then it launched @ $250

Offline Caustic Saint

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2005, 06:30:26 PM »
It says:

According a an article published in the May 17th edition of Japan's Mainichi Shimbun, the PlayStation 3 could be one of the most expensive mass-market videogame consoles ever created. Officials from Sony apparently told the newspaper that PlayStation 3s would sell in Japan for "less than 50,000 yen each." That translates to about $465 US dollars.

Honestly, if it can do everything they're claiming (and I'm a tad skeptical), it'll be worth it.

Plus, the PS2 launched at a price of 39,800 yen, and at that time, prices did not include tax. (As of April 1st, 2004, all listed prices must include the 5% sales tax.) So the PS2 launch price was really 41,790 yen. If the PS3 can do what they claim (there's that phrase again...), a launch price increase of around 8,000 yen (just over $75) is no big deal.