Author Topic: Is Michael Bay really the worst film maker in history?  (Read 5337 times)

Is Michael Bay really the worst film maker in history?
« on: February 12, 2016, 09:30:06 AM »
Well of course not but it would be silly to have a forum not talking about how super awesome the man is. I am sure I am not doing this right so...
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Is Michael Bay really the worst film maker in history?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 05:41:04 AM »
Ruined:
Transformers
Ninja Turtles

I'm sure the list will continue...

Made you look ****.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 09:18:13 AM »
I'm pretty sure in recent years that M. Night Shyamalan has surpassed him in that regard. As bad as Michael Bay's films have gotten, I don't think he's made anything as bad as Lady in the Water, After Earth, or The Last Airbender yet.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 10:25:38 AM »
George Lucas.

YEAH I WENT THERE
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 06:23:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure in recent years that M. Night Shyamalan has surpassed him in that regard. As bad as Michael Bay's films have gotten, I don't think he's made anything as bad as Lady in the Water, After Earth, or The Last Airbender yet.
OMG I forgot about him, what he did to Avatar was disgraceful.
Made you look ****.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 10:38:29 PM »
History isn't over yet, but I'd say he ranks pretty high.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 10:52:09 AM »
Michael Bay didn't "ruin" transformers, all the 13 year olds who keep on paying the movie studios to see each iteration over and over "ruined" transformers. 

It doesn't matter, you're all obsessing over baby cartoons that were specifically created to market toys anyway, so in a way, Michael Bay is honoring Transformers than anyone ever could because he's continuing the trend of pushing people to be consumer whores.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
I'm not as offended by the Transformers movies as other people.  It gives what I wanted: giant robots punching eachother.  Now, I haven't watched all of them, so I'm not sure how far off the rails the series has gone.

Didn't Michael Bay only produce the Ninja Turtles movie?  So, most of what's wrong with it wouldn't be his fault?

Also, he gave us Bad Boys 1 and 2, which are both spectacular.

Now, M. Night is awful.  I don't understand how you could **** up The Last Airbender that bad.  It's a cartoon, with audio, so the name pronunciations should not have been wrong.  Other plot points were so halfheartedly lifted from cartoon that the logic was lost.  It was a bad movie and a bad adaptation for something that didn't need to be that hard.  I could go at length about how much I despised that movie.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 12:59:01 PM »
It doesn't matter, you're all obsessing over baby cartoons that were specifically created to market toys anyway, so in a way, Michael Bay is honoring Transformers than anyone ever could because he's continuing the trend of pushing people to be consumer whores.

Except I'm not going to give them that. Beast Wars & Transformers Prime are excellent (and Beast Machines is decent), yet somehow no one in the mass audience remembers Beast Wars. All we ever get is G1 retreaded over and over and over and over...again.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 06:09:14 PM »
They reference Beast Wars a lot in the movies. Not just the story elements but in the first movie they had Prime swinging around like a monkey with his Beast Wars ape face showing the whole film, he didn't get his G1 face plate until damn hear the end.

They are stupid movies but that is the point, they are mindless action. There is plenty of smart movies out there sometimes you just want to turn the brain off and enjoy some mindless entertainment. If that wasn't the case Hollywood wouldn't even exist.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 08:17:18 PM »
Hard to believe that Airbender is worse than star wars: i don't like sand. all the complaints sound like fanboy whining/not enuff grafix in comparison. wish plinkett would do that one next.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 04:05:24 AM »
have you seen AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER!? It's fucking disgraceful!
Made you look ****.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 07:03:08 AM »

Except I'm not going to give them that. Beast Wars & Transformers Prime are excellent (and Beast Machines is decent), yet somehow no one in the mass audience remembers Beast Wars. All we ever get is G1 retreaded over and over and over and over...again.

I remember Beast Wars, but I think you and I are in a niche population.  My brother who grew up at the apex of the original transformers doesn't know or give a **** about the iterations other than the original generation, and I'm guessing most people that watch those movies are people like him, or those like I mentioned who are young and just want an action movie. 

More importantly, audiences have shown they don't NEED to branch out to beast wars.  Each movie sells ridiculously well.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 11:14:50 AM »
I think this is where you are both missing a lot of what is going on, they are sticking mostly to G1 for their designs but story elements have pretty much all come from either the comics or Beast Wars. There was nothing resembling the fallen, sparks, bounty hunters, or the allspark in g1 that was ALL Beast Wars. The names and designs is all they have taken from G1. Unless you specifically want an actual Beast Wars live action movie which if you talk to transformers fans out there that is something we have been asking for since the first film. Personally man I would love it if they could do a tie in or branch off into the Beast stuff, that would be so cool. But I do think they have done a pretty good job incorporating elements from all the different material as they can. With as many sources as are out there, with G1, RiD, Beast Wars, the NEW RiD, Generations, Armada, Energon, DW comics, etc. how can they fit it all into one film franchise? I think they have done a good job considering what they have. In fact the only G1 stuff that has made it into these movies are a few names and the original truck in the 4th movie, everything else is latter. Or the g1 comics but its not all from the cartoons very little has been from the cartoons.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 10:41:37 PM »
have you seen AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER!? It's fucking disgraceful!

no but all the complaints sound like fanboy nitpicking and bad cgi; i have yet to hear why it was bad-bad
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 11:37:26 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSu0HeRnG18
Very good Nostalgia Critic review.
Made you look ****.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 12:19:46 AM »
i don't want to watch a shrieky, spastic nerd gurgle for 30 minutes.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 03:02:13 PM »
Well, beyond it being a failed adaptation, the story really just fell flat with poor acting, poor writing and poor character development. The 'bending' that is such a main feature in the universe was underwhelming at times. A lot of the dialogue was devoted to exposition and exposition and more exposition.

M. Night made one good movie with a twist and has been trying to fool people ever since. At this point, his 'twists' are so incomprehensible that he's the only one fooled in the end.

Michael Bay just kinda produces what will make money. And make money he does.