Author Topic: Worried about Nintendo's games future...  (Read 10461 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Worried about Nintendo's games future...
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2023, 04:11:14 AM »
Also thank you a lot for making me feeling even more lonely in loving XBC2 by telling me that there are other people who hate it around here. Like if I hadn't heard enough hate for it already... no offence.

No offense taken. I was just trying to highlight that from my personal experience, I've seen a lot of different reactions about the game which may be why you've had a hard time finding others who like it as much as you do. I also never said that they hate it. Just that there were elements about it that caused them to like that particular entry less than others.

I would caution that you may want to be careful to assume that because someone doesn't view something with the same emotion you do that this means they must hate it or are the opposite of your view. Let's use the example of a movie. A person can watch a movie and afterwards they may find that they liked some of the characters and specific scenes and moments but didn't like or care for others and they may give reasons why they felt that way. Meanwhile, you may have seen that same movie and liked everything about it and are surprised to find out that this person didn't feel that same way or has complaints about it. Yet, that doesn't mean they hated it. As mentioned, there can be a lot they did still like. To them, there was just other stuff they thought could be better. And that's just human nature. We all have our own likes and dislikes. It isn't necessary that everyone has to feel the same way about everything.

Going back to videogames, Super Mario Sunshine is nowadays often considered the "worst" 3D Mario game. I say worst because when people make a list of Best 3D Mario games it will often be the last entry on the list. Yet, even when ranking the games in this way, people will still mention that there is some good stuff to it. It's not like they are considering it the worst game ever made. Just that in this specific instance of criteria and judging that it is at the bottom. Yet, for me, Sunshine will always be a top Mario game. I recognize that it does have its faults and I can see why many people would put it at the bottom. It's just that the game came out during a time in my life where it could make a big impact and in which I could spend a lot of time with it and repeatedly play it.

Nowadays, it just seems hard to replay and revisit games like that when there is so much out there to play. That's why I've only played through Super Mario Odyssey once. I really liked it. It had a lot of great worlds to explore and challenges in it. It has some excellent music to it. I loved the ability with the hat to control different species and things. But after getting all the Moons and costumes unlocked, I moved on to other games to keep up with all the other stuff I'd like to try out and play. Perhaps if I went back and replayed it over and over again like I did Sunshine then it would become my favorite Mario game or I'd have the same feelings for it as I do for Sunshine. But that's probably not going to happen. That's why for my own list, I would still put Sunshine ahead of Odyssey if I was ranking the Mario titles. Doesn't mean I hate Odyssey or anyone would say Odyssey is a better game that Sunshine. I still like Odyssey and would highly recommend people play it. It's just that I have a greater fondness for Sunshine beyond just it's technical merits which will make it hard for any game to be able to overcome that longtime affection.

At one point, if I saw Mario Sunshine being ranked low on a list, I'd have commented about that and mentioned how I disagreed and why I thought other Mario games were worse than it or why it was better. However, my attitude on that has changed. Having read and listened to the viewpoints of others as to what they don't like about the game and why they don't rate it as highly as I do, when I've revisited and replayed Sunshine, I've since been able to appreciate and see that there is some validity to their points. There are things that haven't aged well. Yet, that hasn't destroyed the game for me. I still get great pleasure in playing it again. What I liked about the game, I still like and enjoy. And that's why I don't bother trying to "defend the honor" of Sunshine like I once might have. Why I don't try and tell other people that they're wrong and I'm right because what does it really matter? The game still exists. It hasn't been taken away. I can still play it and enjoy it. And other people can still play it and decide for themselves if they like it or not regardless of what I tell them. The only thing that's changed is I've gotten more perspective on the game (and life in general) to appreciate and understand other viewpoints beyond my own.

That's why we've been trying to tell you to not get so obsessed over whatever criticism you may being seeing directed at the games you like, whether that criticism is legit or lies. People have their own opinions. Yours is that you like XC2. You Luigi's Mansion 3 more than Luigi's Mansion 2. That's cool. That's great. Go on liking them and playing them. Just remember that you are under no obligation to have to defend them or your reasons for liking them. Unless something absolutely wild happens in which Nintendo is bought by another company or they experience crazy financial misfortune, they are most likely going to still be around and keep making these types of games you like for quite some time. And as for Nintendo being bought or crazy financial misfortune, neither of those things will come about from the mass of lies you are worried about which is, again, why you shouldn't view it as the major issue you are feeling it to be.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2023, 04:24:33 AM »
Fine. Then it's settled: I will quit gaming as whole, as soon Switch ends its lifecycle next year. However I'm not changing what I've said: I'm still going to get the remaining worthy games that will come on the platform by then (including all the remakes of the games I never played before... which are pretty much all of them except Luigi's Mansion 2, which I did already played, and also not a personal favorite game of mine). Until then I'm still going active on it. If it can help, I can leave this place right now, but don't expect that I'm gonna take easy the direction videogames and the people who play them are going to until I quit it... Nintendo games are being destroyed, and there's nothing I can do about it.

As for this comment, again, it would be nice to get some context. Is there no way to copy and paste some examples of how Nintendo games are being destroyed and why you can't do anything about it? I'd love to be able to see what you are seeing and reading since it just isn't something I've encountered where I live.

In regards to whether you keep gaming or not when a Switch successor comes, that's up to you to decide. I just find it odd that you keep talking about how you are worried about the future of Nintendo and its games vanishing or no longer existing and being made in the future yet your solution is to quit buying their stuff in the future anyways. Isn't quitting Nintendo doing just what the fanboy lies are hoping to accomplish? Have people not buy and play their stuff? I just don't understand why not playing Nintendo stuff you still enjoy in the future is your main solution whereas not bothering to engage in online arguments with people that dislike Nintendo is an impossible solution?

Again, it is your time, money and mental health so make the decision that is the best for you in those areas. If that is the best solution than so be it. It just doesn't quite make sense to me.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Torchwick1234

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2023, 05:14:29 AM »
Fine. Then it's settled: I will quit gaming as whole, as soon Switch ends its lifecycle next year. However I'm not changing what I've said: I'm still going to get the remaining worthy games that will come on the platform by then (including all the remakes of the games I never played before... which are pretty much all of them except Luigi's Mansion 2, which I did already played, and also not a personal favorite game of mine). Until then I'm still going active on it. If it can help, I can leave this place right now, but don't expect that I'm gonna take easy the direction videogames and the people who play them are going to until I quit it... Nintendo games are being destroyed, and there's nothing I can do about it.

As for this comment, again, it would be nice to get some context. Is there no way to copy and paste some examples of how Nintendo games are being destroyed and why you can't do anything about it? I'd love to be able to see what you are seeing and reading since it just isn't something I've encountered where I live.

In regards to whether you keep gaming or not when a Switch successor comes, that's up to you to decide. I just find it odd that you keep talking about how you are worried about the future of Nintendo and its games vanishing or no longer existing and being made in the future yet your solution is to quit buying their stuff in the future anyways. Isn't quitting Nintendo doing just what the fanboy lies are hoping to accomplish? Have people not buy and play their stuff? I just don't understand why not playing Nintendo stuff you still enjoy in the future is your main solution whereas not bothering to engage in online arguments with people that dislike Nintendo is an impossible solution?

Again, it is your time, money and mental health so make the decision that is the best for you in those areas. If that is the best solution than so be it. It just doesn't quite make sense to me.

It's just that I'm seeing WAYAYAYAYAY top much hate over Nintendo games in the last period, and this is not only killing my will of following new games, but also is putting my love for the games I already loved throught the years. Something that I really don't want to lose... and this fear is not coming from nothing...

Gaming is not the only thing I'm having this sort of problem... let me tell ya a story, a personal experience I had a really long time ago with another type of media: for an entire decade I've been a fan of the animated show My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, and despite it ended 4 years ago, it still remains as of now my number one personal favorite animated show. But its fandom REALLY gave me an hard time in following it because of it's really toxic behavior. During the times of the fourth season there was an episode I loved the first two times I watched it, but it got such a colossal amount of hate from the fandom that it overwhelmed me badly, to the point I came to hate the episode myself, and I considered it one of the worst eps of the series... then years later I snapped out of it, and I realized that I came to hate that episode only because the fandom did, and not because I did. But I still didn't want to rewatch it anyway, because I still freaked out at the thought of how the fandom messed me up on that, so for a while I refused to rewatch it and find an opinion on it. Only very recentely (a few months ago) I finally rewatched it and loved it like the first te times I watched it.

I told you this story to make you understand how fandoms can mess me up badly when it comes to loving things. If I'm overwhelmed by hate and negative opinion I can go in crisis... (and keep in your mind that this is not the only trouble the fandom of MLP made me go throught, but it doesn't matter in this discussion). I'm also kinda facing the same thing with The Owl House recentely (my second favorite animated show of all time): I love it with all my heart but it's getting a ton of unfair hate from online people and after my experience with My Little Pony, I won't let that happening again... which is why I've decided that aside one exception (Pokemon Horizons) I will stop following animated shows for good, after The Ghost and Molly McGee (another show I love) will end its run on January 13th next year. It's my only way to not risk to come to hate the shows I dearly love (well that and the fact that I don't have anymore animated shows to look forward to for the next three years anyway).

I know I'm going off-topic with this stories, but it's to make you understand that negative opinions on things I love can mess me up badly and can make me come to hate things I love dearly, if they overwhelm me too much. This is what's happening with Nintendo games lately, and I cannot risk to come to hate them. I even had to fight hard for years to preserve my love for XBC2 and I cannot fo it forever (the reason of why I got upset when you said about the people who hate it on this site) So if to preserve my love for them, I have to stop to play new ones. Then I have no other choice but to quit. I hope you understand.

I'm just sad that eventually the hate will spread to the point that no one will love the games again and I cannot do anything to prevent that...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:33:16 AM by Torchwick1234 »

Offline WiiUIVLife

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2023, 01:18:43 PM »
I don't think it's as bad as you think. of course, there will always be people that hate and love certain products. On top, I believe Nintendo will be pretty powerful many years ahead.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2023, 06:57:50 AM »
What is this a 2011 thread and the Wii U is about to drop?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2023, 12:50:27 PM »
What is this a 2011 thread and the Wii U is about to drop?
I was going to say, this reminds me of the doom and gloom I felt during/at the end of the Wii U’s lifespan, which was when this sort of perspective felt warranted.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2023, 06:53:35 PM »
It is cyclical. When Wii U was coming out here was this same sort of doom and gloom over the Wii U, which is surprising because Wii was such a hit. There was really nothing wrong with the Wii U. It just had a stupid name, and people thought it was an accessory. Had they called it the Ninja I bet it would have been a hit.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post