Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 935933 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #3300 on: September 30, 2017, 01:47:50 PM »
It's not surprising. LD can be abrasive and flippant, but Adrock is a good and reasonable man so it was completely unnecessary.  :-\
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #3301 on: September 30, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »
Well it was pouring rain and I felt like crap so I skipped the lines. The Ferris wheel's blinking lights looked like the eyes of a heartless machine glaring at me from the fog. Everywhere bobbed dots of pink cotton candy clutched by shivering children held tight by parents grumbling at the wasted weekend.

I hurried to back to my car and let a sigh of relief.  A brief rummaging through pockets gifted me a dry cigarette and functioning lighter.  As I inhaled the steadiness back into my nerves, the serenity of privacy was interrupted by a an unfamiliar figure tapping on my window.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Well it was pouring rain and I felt like crap so I skipped the lines. The Ferris wheel's blinking lights looked like the eyes of a heartless machine glaring at me from the fog. Everywhere bobbed dots of pink cotton candy clutched by shivering children held tight by parents grumbling at the wasted weekend.

I hurried to back to my car and let a sigh of relief.  A brief rummaging through pockets gifted me a dry cigarette and functioning lighter.  As I inhaled the steadiness back into my nerves, the serenity of privacy was interrupted by a an unfamiliar figure tapping on my window.

"Have you got the time?"

It was a clown. The place was crawling with them, and not that I have anything against them, but too many of them in one place...

There was something sinister in the question. Why would a clown need the time? And his phrasing seemed to ask if I had the time to do something. Either way, I wasn't in the mood to help.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Hey! Where is the FIFA 18 Switch review?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I'm working on it. We didn't get the code until late last week, so there was no way to get it out by launch. Should be up tomorrow or Wednesday.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
It will be done at the same time as that big forum overhaul he promised.

So Never.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
I'm working on it. We didn't get the code until late last week, so there was no way to get it out by launch. Should be up tomorrow or Wednesday.

JP is turning into my third favorite staff member!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
It will be done at the same time as that big forum overhaul he promised.

So Never.

I'm going to be honest with you here, that had completely slipped my mind, so I guess thank you for reminding me. We'd talked about that early in the year but I wanted to wait until the craziness around the Switch launch had died down to try to do something major like that, and then I apparently forgot about it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I forgot I had to actually tell the forum software to organize my PMs by Conversation with the most recent one on top. I just assumed it did that on it's own because why wouldn't it?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I've never heard of loot boxes before and I miss living in a world where they don't exist. You've ruined my blissful ignorance, nickmitch!

My bad.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
You know what shocks me the most about this Mafia game? Everyone just seems to use the Default Forum theme! I thought more people were using the Core theme but it seems like I'm the only one. Every account I check into is on the Default theme. The forum itself says there are around 57 people using the Core theme. I'm one of those few but who are the others? Spambots?

I've always thought the Core theme was a great way to navigate and see these forums. I guess I'm just a hard-Core forum user compared to everyone else.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I is actually mafia.

See that typo right there? It proves that I am mafia.

Offline Ravio

• Blast Mask
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
You know what shocks me the most about this Mafia game? Everyone just seems to use the Default Forum theme! I thought more people were using the Core theme but it seems like I'm the only one. Every account I check into is on the Default theme. The forum itself says there are around 57 people using the Core theme. I'm one of those few but who are the others? Spambots?

I've always thought the Core theme was a great way to navigate and see these forums. I guess I'm just a hard-Core forum user compared to everyone else.

I use the core theme on my primary account.
https://ravizon.herokuapp.com
Buy tools! Buy weapons! Rent votes!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Who knew Loot Boxes would be the topic to bring UncleBob out of his posting slumber / partial retirement? I think he's posted more in that thread than the rest of the year combined.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
I don't know, did you do a count? Me and him are pretty close.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Count what? For posts in that thread compared to what you've posted so far this year or just for number of posts in that thread?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
Just that thread he was referring to I think otherwise he more than likely out post me. Especially now I don't talk about Nintendo games as I haven't brought one in quite a while.

I stay for the ambiance.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I saw some passionate reactions to that news on twitter, so I really wanted to see what people thought of it here.  Everything seemed so reasonable to me, but I wanted to see if I was just crazy in thinking it was a nonstarter.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Apparently NeoGaf is imploding. Time to start a forum membership drive to attract new visitors!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Apparently NeoGaf is imploding. Time to start a forum membership drive to attract new visitors!

Someone pulled the loose string on the sweater, and now everything is unraveling. I can't wait to see if that string connected to the top.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Details, man, details. What kind of reporter just gives the headline with no body?

This sounds interesting but I don't go to NeoGaf so I don't know what to look for or what the situation is.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile

Details, man, details. What kind of reporter just gives the headline with no body?

This sounds interesting but I don't go to NeoGaf so I don't know what to look for or what the situation is.

I don't have all the details but appears to be something of the Harvey Weinstein nature.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central

The owner of the site, Evilore, was outed as an alleged sexual harasser (with his questionable history, though, it's hard to give him any benefit of the doubt). This resulted in a voluntary mass exodus of staff and users. No knowledge on if GAF will continue, but seeing as Evilore is the owner of it...

Too bad, as it was a great source for news, and the majority of staff and users were really cool and didn't fall into typical gamer tropes (especially in a post-Trump world where everyone who doesn't use homophobic slurs casually is deemed an "SJW").
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile

The owner of the site, Evilore, was outed as an alleged sexual harasser (with his questionable history, though, it's hard to give him any benefit of the doubt). This resulted in a voluntary mass exodus of staff and users. No knowledge on if GAF will continue, but seeing as Evilore is the owner of it...

Too bad, as it was a great source for news, and the majority of staff and users were really cool and didn't fall into typical gamer tropes (especially in a post-Trump world where everyone who doesn't use homophobic slurs casually is deemed an "SJW").

Also, apparently one of the big moderators was also outed as a pedophile, and the mods were trying g to cover it up. It's been pure dinner theater watching GAF eat itself.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.