Author Topic: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)  (Read 365835 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U) Out now!
« Reply #1125 on: January 22, 2018, 01:28:09 PM »
I don't know what the Master Cycle Zero is... so I will put a pin in that and come back to it at some later date and time :)

I found that the Guardians themselves set up the perfect distance if I keep backing up, they will stay a certain distance from me. I double tap the A button right after the while light of the laser shows up, and 75% of the time it hit him 100% of the time ;P
When the guardian got stuck on rocks, and wouldn't advance on me, and I tried to guage the distance myself, I went through 8 shields. If a bat or another enemy shows up in the middle of the fight, I'm also double screwed, because no amount of ZL seems to put focus back on the guardian, which means Daruks protection better be in place, or I'm about to catch a side or back full of laser.

But instead of taking on the Lynel like I said I was going to, I decided to instead finally go visit the region of the Zora's. I was originally on my way there when I somehow sidetracked all the way up to death mountain. I never stick to the trails, always get curious and end up climbing up and over the mountains until I have no idea how I got to where I am. This strategy actually works really well for me as I consistently keep coming up on the side of enemy encampments, and usually from the high position giving me both a strategic positioning and the element of surprise.
I'd also like to thank my daughter for finding the Blood and Bone shop and purchasing the 2 monster masks. Now even she can run up in an enemy cap of 1-3 monsters and take them on since they won't immediately take her out on the approach. I can take out a whole squad with little pushback, especially if I go in all secret agent style taking out the snipers and sleepers first (biggest sleeping enemy first of course).

Quick question though. What exactly is the best way to chip pieces off of Farosh? I've gotten 2 scales off him using regular arrows. Is that the best way to go about this? Stand at the top of the water fall on that puts your back to the ocean side, and launch away when he flys over? or is there a better method? I need a piece of his horn to upgrade an outfit, so tips are very welcome.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 22, 2018, 01:51:00 PM »
If you want a specific drop from Farosh, you have to hit him/her/it in the right place. Anywhere that isn’t a specific target will grant you scales, but hitting it in the mouth grants fangs, horns grant horns, and claws/feet for claws. You can only get a single drop from it each time it appears, so don’t waste other types of arrows. Just hit it, collect the drop, make your way back to safe ground, make a fire, and wait until the next night/morning/afternoon to take it on again.

There are specific places that are the best vantage points for grinding materials, and it luckily always creates updrafts that can help you position yourself to take the right shot.

...Oh, and there’s two other major points I’d love to share with you, but I’m going to hold off until you discover them on your own.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 22, 2018, 02:56:06 PM »
So regular arrows, 1 piece at a time, and try to utilize updrafts to get close and use that slow mo aim to target specific pieces that you want.

Got it.

and luckily, thanks to the path to the Zora area, I now have like 250 plus arrows. Plenty for target practice. LOL.

...Oh, and there’s two other major points I’d love to share with you, but I’m going to hold off until you discover them on your own.

Nice. appreciate that. And that's why I come here instead of searching online. Useful tips to keep me moving, but not oversharing things that take away from the experience.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 22, 2018, 03:38:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure even 10 hearts aren't enough for a Lynel's arrows.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 22, 2018, 03:40:32 PM »
Also there are a bunch of diamonds on Death Mountain...I think I got 4 when I played last night.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 22, 2018, 04:06:36 PM »
Also there are a bunch of diamonds on Death Mountain...I think I got 4 when I played last night.

That Gerudo chick in Goron CIty wants 10 diamonds from me... I only have like 5, and I wasn't planning on selling any of them. I assume she switches what she's asking for randomly on different visits? and I mean, I don't have to sell her 10 diamonds to get her to move on to a different ore, I just come back many days later and she'll be asking for amber again or something?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1131 on: January 22, 2018, 04:26:43 PM »
Are Diamond deposits something you can set the Sheikah Sensor to?  I've done it with the luminous deposits before, I don't think it distinguished the others.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 22, 2018, 05:27:31 PM »
If you've logged a mineral/material in your collection, you can set your Sheikah Sensor to it.

Unless he hasn't upgraded his Runes yet. Which, I strongly recommend doing before fighting a Lynel up-close.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 22, 2018, 07:11:46 PM »
Huh... I didn't think you could search for a specific type of mineral, only the outcroppings that randomly drop them.  You can set it to search for "rare ore" deposits though - you just don't know if that will end up having a diamond or only other rare ores.

A minor spoiler here, but one relevant to getting diamonds:

There is a person in Zora's domain who will give you a diamond in exchange for 10 luminous stones. Since luminous stones can be found using your Sheikah Sensor (or just by looking around mountains at night) and are relatively common, it's a pretty good way to nab the diamonds you need. Don't trade away more than you need to though - it might come in handy later.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 22, 2018, 08:05:12 PM »
This is the true. Normal, Luminous, and Rare Ore deposits can be registered, not specific minerals.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 22, 2018, 08:19:35 PM »
IIRC, there's only one armor set that needs diamonds to upgrade...after that you can sell them for cash money baby!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1136 on: January 22, 2018, 08:45:19 PM »
I don't know what the Master Cycle Zero is... so I will put a pin in that and come back to it at some later date and time :)

Sorry for the slight spoiler, but it's a a part of the DLC.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 23, 2018, 05:17:45 PM »
This is the true. Normal, Luminous, and Rare Ore deposits can be registered, not specific minerals.

and how does one go about doing this? my only option is for shrines...

Sorry for the slight spoiler, but it's a a part of the DLC.

No biggie. I still have no idea what it is, so just knowing that it exist, whatever it may be, doesn't really spoil anything.

I'm pretty sure even 10 hearts aren't enough for a Lynel's arrows.

That is super discouraging considering the Zora's just put me on a mission to face a red Lynel with Shock Arrows. and if he is anything like the previous Ice Lynel i ran across, with auto rain from the sky aim.... I'm fucked.

Lucky for me I already have enough Shock Arrows to go face the Divine Beast, but I will still try to take on this Lynel before I do that. Link gotta man up at some point. Rock Monsters and Bouncy Ghost became easy work, I'm sure a Lynel won't take too many encounters to figure out... right?
...guys!? ..... hello? ..... :(

p.s. would a viable trick be to sneak up, freeze him, hit him with my best weapon, then shock him so he drops his weapon, freeze him again, pick up his weapons so he has nothing to attack with, and then take him on with his own weapons?
okay, good talk, I'm gonna go try that out when I get to him.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:19:49 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 23, 2018, 06:46:51 PM »
The Lynel can be stealthed around pretty easily. You could also just hit it with an ancient arrow and be done with it.

IIRC, there's only one armor set that needs diamonds to upgrade...after that you can sell them for cash money baby!
Diamonds are also used to recreate the Champion's weapons although there's only one of them that's actually worth using.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:48:36 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 23, 2018, 07:13:11 PM »
The Lynel can be stealthed around pretty easily. You could also just hit it with an ancient arrow and be done with it.

Diamonds are also used to recreate the Champion's weapons although there's only one of them that's actually worth using.
Yeah, I tried about ten or so times to take that guy on, Zora’s Domain was my first Divine Beast though so I was completely under equipped.

I’m assuming you’re talking about The Sword of the Seven, the coolest sword in the game.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1140 on: January 23, 2018, 07:41:00 PM »

Yeah, I tried about ten or so times to take that guy on, Zora’s Domain was my first Divine Beast though so I was completely under equipped.

Same experience.  That guy wrecked me before I just decided to stealth around him.  Pretty sure I jumped off the mountain to get away a time or two.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 23, 2018, 09:44:53 PM »
I'm actually trying to max out my weapons inventory because why not. Maxing out your weapon inventory is nice in that you actually have room for those sort of utility items like the Korok Leaf or Torch. It will also probably be useful to have that maxed out for when I attempt the Trial of the Sword.

I’m assuming you’re talking about The Sword of the Seven, the coolest sword in the game.
No I'm referring to the Bow.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:54:03 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 24, 2018, 12:03:04 AM »
You don't actually need to fight that Lynel, they just want you to sneak around the mountain and get 20 shock arrows. In reality, it you have good aim, you only need four.

Funny enough I'm doing the Zora's Domain part of the Champion's Ballad right now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 24, 2018, 12:14:43 AM »
I need to challenge him. I'll save right before I confront him.

I need a sneaky elixir. Who got the recipe?
Actually, please post some recipes for me in here.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 24, 2018, 12:22:04 AM »
Boost your hearts with a truffle and USDA Prime steak dinner, then get Mighty with Bananas and Razor food!

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 24, 2018, 01:17:21 PM »
Meat+Hearty Radish+Rock Salt= Lotsa Yellow Hearts. Also mix fish/vegetables with the same bonuses to increase the effect. Look for recipes in stables and towns and take pictures of them to save a cookbook.

If you can’t set your Sheikah Sensor to track materials/weapons yet you should go back to the Hateno Tech Lab.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 24, 2018, 01:22:22 PM »
The only recipe you need is the one for 5 hearty durians.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 24, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »
Does that do more than one? I'm pretty sure just one heart durian gives you a full refill plus five bonus hearts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 24, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »
Meat+Hearty Radish+Rock Salt= Lotsa Yellow Hearts. Also mix fish/vegetables with the same bonuses to increase the effect. Look for recipes in stables and towns and take pictures of them to save a cookbook.

If you can’t set your Sheikah Sensor to track materials/weapons yet you should go back to the Hateno Tech Lab.

I tried a recipe on the stable walls (why are they so blurry?) and it didn't work. it had 5 different ingredients, and the result was not the recipe it advertised. I'll try again later. I already planned to go back and collect pics of all the recipes I saw on the stable walls, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

edit: oh and I wanted to share something I thought was funny and cute (#dadlife).

so now whenever my daughter is sad and wants to "fake cry" or whine (like when I have to brush knots out her hair), she does the dying goat sound because I told her I always felt bad shooting the goats because they sounded so sad when you kill them :( LOL
so as our little inside joke, she does that sound all the time now instead of whining. (p.s. we are both hooked on this game)

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:20:24 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 24, 2018, 03:31:17 PM »
Durian farming is for the weak. If you have the materials for meat+durian/radish/truffle+salt, go for it. I know durians are relatively easy to farm but I would travel from place to place and stop to stock up in between.

There's a nice small forest in the mid-west of the map that has good deer and radish spots that I would often pass.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:35:28 PM by Evan_B »