Author Topic: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)  (Read 412085 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #550 on: January 28, 2013, 10:02:12 PM »
It's kind of a Medal of Honor begat Call of Duty begat the Medal of Honor reboot situation. Both series have some legitimate claim to it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 29, 2013, 01:48:00 AM »
We need another Pitfall game like Super Pitfall.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 29, 2013, 01:54:00 AM »
What we need is an uncharted crossover with Tomb raider, to settle the argument of thise two.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 29, 2013, 08:27:08 AM »
So the latest rumour says SE is porting Deus Ex on Wii U.

I am not sure how should should i feel about it if true. On one hand it's a great game by all accounts, on the other it's two years old port that they will sell for full price.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 29, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »
That makes less sense than porting over Tomb Raider simply because Tomb Raider isn't out yet. It has greater sales potential on that alone. My head... Why doesn't anything make sense?

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 29, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
Why doesn't anything make sense?
Because you're trying to find intelligent reasons for third parties to avoid Nintendo.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 29, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=195054

Always is good to hear about Retro!!
I'm really hoping they are working on multiple titles unless this game is so epic and grand scale that it needs that many more people to make.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 29, 2013, 07:51:33 PM »
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=195054

Always is good to hear about Retro!!
I'm really hoping they are working on multiple titles unless this game is so epic and grand scale that it needs that many more people to make.

My first impression when I read the news is that they are working on several projects and to speed things up to spark up the Wii U lineup they hired extra hands.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 30, 2013, 12:15:11 AM »
Double Retro Games? Makes me think one will be Metroid and not sure of the other one.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 30, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »
I'm going on the record doubting that Retro is doing anything Metroid related. I don't think Other M would exist if Retro had any plans to continue with the franchise in the near future. The only way this could happen is if Nintendo recognized Other M for the humiliating artistic failure that it was, and wanted to make amends, but I think all they saw were the sales numbers, which weren't all that out of line with the Prime series.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 30, 2013, 12:53:59 AM »
Double Retro Games? Makes me think one will be Metroid and not sure of the other one.
Successful companies should be cautious when hiring new people. When you're hiring too many people, too much time is spent getting new guys up to the same page and you start to dilute talent.

200 guys aren't going to ship the product twice faster than 100 guys. More often than not they will do slower.

Creating a new simultaneous projects for new people is more or less okay though but even then you need to take an experienced core from other projects who will share companies' know-how for the new team.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 30, 2013, 12:57:44 AM »
I've said it since last E3 and i'll say it again. When I talked with a Retro developer he would not tell me what they were or were not doing, but from is words it was pretty clear they had moved on from Metroid, that was my interpretation anyway.

I mean how much more credible can I get? It was a super unofficial interview/shooting the breeze with a Retro employee, who had a very high up position(which I forgot) who went by a name that's very hazy now, and it was a little hard to hear him because of all the noise, but I still remember the gist of it! You don't get more concrete then that.

It's not Metroid.

Watch in 5 months it's Metroid.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #562 on: January 30, 2013, 01:09:29 PM »
We still never got that handheld Metroid that was supposed to be Metroid V.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 30, 2013, 02:55:26 PM »
Probably remaking Super Metroid or something like that.....

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 30, 2013, 03:12:24 PM »
Probably remaking Super Metroid or something like that.....
Or an HD upgrade of the Prime Trilogy.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 30, 2013, 03:29:14 PM »
I think if Nintendo were to make an HD Metroid Prime remake, they should outsource it and let Retro concentrate on new games.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 30, 2013, 07:41:57 PM »
I think if Nintendo were to make an HD Metroid Prime remake, they should outsource it and let Retro concentrate on new games.

This. And I wouldn't buy it because I haven't even finished my play through of the MP Trilogy on Wii (almost at the end of MP1..)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Iwata Implies his resignation
« Reply #567 on: January 31, 2013, 10:19:11 AM »

I Google Translated this article.
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/1301/31/news090.html

A site is reporting that Iwata implies that if he can't make 100 billion yen in the next fiscal year he will resign. I shouldn't care about a corporations president so much but man I do...

At a briefing for analysts on the 31st, about aiming for operating profit of more than $ 100 billion in the year ended March 31, 2014, explained that "commitments (pledges)" and (53) is achieved president Satoru Iwata of Nintendo If you can not have suggested the possibility to take management responsibility, including the resignation. The previous day, the company has been revised downward to a deficit of 20 billion yen forecast consolidated operating income (loss) for the year ended March 31, 25, a high hurdle goals. Appeal results in recovery of Mr. Iwata, who has served as president of the company from 2002, "prepared for the desperate"

President Iwata mentioned that apology was forecast operating loss for the second consecutive year, "We are keenly aware of the responsibility." Sonouede explained the basis of goals, "In the future, a portable game machine" Pokemon "in" Nintendo 3DS "software, such as major new work coming out" and. In addition, amid sluggish sales of, also revealed plans to unify the development department of home-use game machine and portable game machine "(Wee Yu) Wii U" home-use game machine next-generation, which was released last year.

Is evaluated as president Nintendo, Hiroshi Yamauchi (the consultant-present) "human resources with the ability of both management and game development", in 14 years, Mr. Iwata was president development companies game software for Nintendo, 43-year-old little At the young president has been appointed (appointed). Sell ​​order from the start of trading in stocks gathered Nintendo, temporary, in the 31 days of the Osaka Securities Exchange, fell to 8820 yen 530 yen depreciation ratio of previous close.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:22:14 AM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:01 AM »
It's just his way of trying to boost confidence from investors.

"See, i'm so committed, i have fined myself because of 3DS's bad launch!"
"I'm so committed i will commit professional seppuku if i fail!"

I'm not saying he won't do it, but the message here is more to investors than to anyone else. Also he's upping the bets for himself in some kind additional self-motivation.

Good luck to you, Iwata, and good luck to us.

Or leave it to the heaven and work as hundred devils to reach that goal.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:50:41 AM by azeke »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 31, 2013, 01:38:57 PM »
He'll do it. He already proved this but taking a large cut of his salary last year. He will completely do what he says he'll do. It's a part of his culture.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 31, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »
Sell some assests to make up any deficit at the end of the year.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 31, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »
Iwata resigning, eh?  That could be the swift kick in the ass that Nintendo has needed for a long time.

My diminishing fandom of Nintendo corresponds with his presidency.  I will have a smile a mile wide if he had to keep this promise.  Of course I'd be trading the devil I know for the devil I don't so there is no assurance that his successor would be an improvement.  But, **** it, I'll risk that.  Iwata's Nintendo is cookie cutter sequel/controller gimmick/casual game Nintendo and it won't change with him in charge.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 31, 2013, 03:40:45 PM »
I don't this be career suicide for him.  Once you make it to the C level the rules of the game vastly change.  Golden Parachutes and the like.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 31, 2013, 04:46:48 PM »
Well considering the 3DS is getting a new Pokemon game this Fall and Nintendo is profiting off every 3DS sold now, that will make the goal doable thanks to handheld sales.  If they can get 3D Mario and Mario Kart out this holiday on the Wii U to give that system a huge push, then they should reach the goal.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 31, 2013, 05:14:57 PM »
There's also an interesting situation shaping up this Fall. Supposedly the new Sony and Microsoft consoles will be launching, but the recent GTAV delay is going to suck all the oxygen out of the last quarter of the year. I wonder how this will affect the outlooks of the new consoles and WiiU.