Author Topic: A rant about a lost rant of a whole nother rant  (Read 11712 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: A rant about a lost rant of a whole nother rant
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 05:52:07 PM »
Things don't always work out however. Take me as an example, I've been here for over four and a half years, and there are still some people who don't get my name right.

To be honest you were away for 3 years, which is why I don't recognize your username from anywhere other than your recent posts that started last year.
I know, I was being facetious with that whole line. I was just trying to inject some humour into the thread.

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009, 09:12:33 PM »
Things don't always work out however. Take me as an example, I've been here for over four and a half years, and there are still some people who don't get my name right.

Or even your name's initials, Mop it up. ;)

I say just be yourself, Snipper. Don't be afraid to ask questions or get things wrong. We learn from our mistakes. I know there have been several times on this site I was wrong on something and had to recant a statement or apologize for words I typed. Just earlier this week I unintentionally attacked Greg Leahy and had to apologize for it. Some of us here are big old grumpy bulls, but most us mean well. Don't be afraid to stand up for your opinions and beliefs.

A diverse lineup of people help to make the community more balanced. I personally believe that if something is messed up I should stick around. Paraphrasing one of my professors, "If all the people with lights leave a room, how can those who remain in darkness see the truth?"

You are an important part of that balance. Don't let the general age/'maturity' matter dissuade you from participating with us. Nintendo is a company for people of all ages and I believe this forum and site are as well. Just remember to be willing and open to listening and learning from other members. We other members should follow suit and listen and learn from you as well. Sometimes it is easy to forget that we are talking to other human beings with emotions and feelings. I hope everyone will remember to be nice to others on the site and be respectful to them. There are ways to respectfully disagree with others and still interact with them in a civil manner.

I hope you take heart and stick around. It would be sad to see another person leave like this.

Thank you stratos and everyone else XD Making me feel alot better. Because I was in such a good mood, I just made a custom RFN man bean avator for your enjoy ment ;p More to come... next... THE BEAREREST!
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 10:47:31 PM »
The MAN-BEAM as a Pokemon power...I'm afraid to think of the damage that does to enemy Pokemon.

Nice animation work, you made that yourself?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2009, 09:33:47 AM »
yup, I did, have a bearroist animation avator I am using next :D Allready made it, just need to take it off my disk key.
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 01:52:46 PM »
Nice work, Snipper.

I think people should use my strategy, which is to be such a condescending ass that people will remember your name due to the extended flame wars that follow.  LOL

Actually, don't do that.

I consider the NWR Forums to be the Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts of Nintendo forums.  Virtually inaccessible for new players, incredibly difficult to play through, but somehow strangely rewarding.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2009, 03:33:39 PM »
Also, Jonny hates us.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2009, 04:28:43 PM »
LOL you're slaying me today Vudu.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog