Author Topic: A New Year, A New Direction  (Read 21699 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: A New Year, A New Direction
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2009, 04:15:38 PM »
I can't understand spoken English well enough to get everything, usually I have to read through a transcript afterwards to check the parts I didn't hear properly.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2009, 04:17:47 PM »
If you don't mind me asking, why do you frequent NWR instead of a German Nintendo website?  Just curious.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:34:45 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2009, 04:52:13 PM »
DO NOT WANT.

I threw around the idea with Lindy (podcast reviews) a while back. I didn't want to replace the text review, only supplement it. I still might do it one of these days, maybe for one of my upcoming reviews...

It was always my assumption that written reviews wouldn't be replaced.  I'm not advocating replacing good old fashioned text at all.

I say completely BURN the old fashioned review and just give us a number out of 10, that should suffice.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »
If you don't mind me asking, why do you frequent NWR instead of a Nintendo website?  Just curious.

It was the first result for "Nintendo fan site" in google IIRC back when it was PGC. The Nintendo forums have always been pretty bad (they used some weirdass Javascript to do links instead of plain old anchor tags, the script broke after you click one link and go back, forcing a full page refresh every time. The server was also slow as molasses so it was completely annoying) until they were shut down completely. I joined PGC back in the iron fist days where posting one poll was pretty much instaban, kept consolewar flamewars down IIRC. These days I use the forum mostly for peer-to-peer game information because the credibility of reviewers especially on the big gaming networks has been eroded to a pebble by now.

I think I could use a forum for the 360 too in order to find some games for that thing. I think asking around in forums has helped me find games in the dire times on the GC and Wii, I need that for the 360 as well.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2009, 05:41:43 PM »
If you don't mind me asking, why do you frequent NWR instead of a Nintendo website?  Just curious.

It was the first result for "Nintendo fan site" in google IIRC back when it was PGC. The Nintendo forums have always been pretty bad (they used some weirdass Javascript to do links instead of plain old anchor tags, the script broke after you click one link and go back, forcing a full page refresh every time. The server was also slow as molasses so it was completely annoying) until they were shut down completely. I joined PGC back in the iron fist days where posting one poll was pretty much instaban, kept consolewar flamewars down IIRC. These days I use the forum mostly for peer-to-peer game information because the credibility of reviewers especially on the big gaming networks has been eroded to a pebble by now.

I think I could use a forum for the 360 too in order to find some games for that thing. I think asking around in forums has helped me find games in the dire times on the GC and Wii, I need that for the 360 as well.

Yeah but I'm the MS plant, so I know good games as well!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
I'm confused, vudu. How is NWR not a Nintendo website?
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »
I'm confused, vudu. How is NWR not a Nintendo website?

Oh don't play dumb. :)
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2009, 10:25:19 PM »
Please don't invent agendas and parade them as mine or the collective staff's. (I'm not saying pap or vudu are the ones inventing them. I'm just sick of this conspiracy theory stuff, even as a joke.)
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »
Please don't invent agendas and parade them as mine or the collective staff's. (I'm not saying pap or vudu are the ones inventing them. I'm just sick of this conspiracy theory stuff, even as a joke.)

I was kidding when I said that. I thought you understood what vudu meant and I ran with it.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2009, 12:52:28 AM »
I thought vudu just did a typo and meant german (I think that's KDRs native language) nintendo sites.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2009, 06:31:21 AM »
I simply don't know of any. There's a much lower potential userbase for a site like that anyway because the language isn't spoken in many countries.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2009, 01:34:25 PM »
I thought vudu just did a typo and meant german (I think that's KDRs native language) nintendo sites.

That's what I meant, sorry.  I rewrote the post because I realized my original sentence was awkward, and forgot to include one of the primary descriptors.  I've edited my post.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!