Author Topic: One Ring of Death  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Sister Mary LeFever

• PS3ROX!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
One Ring of Death
« on: June 19, 2008, 12:51:20 PM »
Oh, I loved my 360. I kept it in a well-ventilated area in a room that's kept cool, and did not do anything stupid to it. I thought I was safe, since it 'twas one of the newer revisions.

Now it refuses to run, only displaying Error E73 and one blinking ring.

One ring is not covered by the extended warranty.

Needless to say, I am one unhappy Sister.  >:(

From a bit of research, I found Error 73 (E73) is a failure with the Ethernet port. It's not a general hardware failure (the Red Ring of Death), it's worse since the extended warranty does not apply. And I can't quite find how to check and see if it's covered at all. SOMEONE WILL BURN FOR THIS.

Ahem... Now, from what I read, it seems my only hope is to FORCE a Red Ring of Death by wrapping a towel around it (dry, of course) and frying it that way. That is not very appealing. I'd rather not lose my house due to an electrical fire simply because I wanted to get my warranty for faulty merchandise.

Now, NWR Users, I BEG of you. Is there ANY way to check if I have a warranty for this, or am I going to need to force my (un)faithful 360 to commit suicide?
My signature is a trainwreck

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
Re: One Ring of Death
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »
Light a candle and say a prayer now.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 04:48:18 PM »
edit, nevermind that was terrible.

Sorry about your xbox
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 05:24:17 PM »
@Sister Mary LeFever: when did you buy your 360? I think you have a one year warranty if you have your purchase receipt. Read the warranty booklet which should be inside the console box. Call xbox support to see what they can do.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 03:54:14 AM »
I'm not sure about american laws but here most places put a one year warranty alongside the manufacturers one. If that applies then go back to the shop and demand retribution.

• PS3ROX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 11:14:58 PM »
I actually got lucky; my 360 was still under the one-year warranty, and Microsoft is shipping me the box to send it back.

I had thought the 360 hardware issues were exaggerated, but apparently I was wrong. I am beginning to wish that I had just done like I always had and buy a Nintendo console first... A Wii would be better then a 360 brick.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 06:59:11 PM »
See, was there any reason to panic? Of course not.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 12:46:11 AM »
E73 is actually a very rare error, E74 is much more common, and is usually directly related to the 3 red lights, even though you only get one. It's stupid that E73 even exists, since you don't NEED a working ethernet port/controller unless you're going to use Live or maybe a LAN.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

• PS3ROX!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 02:01:03 PM »
See, was there any reason to panic? Of course not.
Yes, yes, there was.

If it had been outside of warranty, I would have been flat out of luck.

E73 is actually a very rare error, E74 is much more common, and is usually directly related to the 3 red lights, even though you only get one. It's stupid that E73 even exists, since you don't NEED a working ethernet port/controller unless you're going to use Live or maybe a LAN.
Indeed. Heck, if I needed to, I could have probably gotten a wireless network adapter, or a USB connector.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »
This thread reminds me the joys of 360 ownership oh MS customer service how have you frustrated me. Did the DRM fixing tool come out yet? If it didn't be prepared to call microsoft about re-licensing all your XBLA games to your refurb unit that's going to come back.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 04:11:06 PM »
Yay for being first next-gen console to come out this gen one gen later than last gen.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.