Author Topic: Episode 292: The Show Must Go On!  (Read 10712 times)

Offline Ignoramus

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 292: The Show Must Go On!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 11:04:35 PM »
GREAT episode, finally finished it!

Bummer to see an absent James, but on the brightside, Lindy's humor really stood out without James there. I had no idea he was so funny! Great edit job by the way Guillaume! It really sounds like a seamless transition from Greg to Guillame as far as editing goes.

Best part of the episode was the Guillame icebreaker. I think his sense of humor fits in well with the group, I just hope he speaks up more once the whole crew is together.
3DS Friend Code: 0516-7436-5160
I love games and wrasslin.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 01:03:28 PM »
This week seemed like a really good episode. I'm also bombastic, so...that happens.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 09:06:40 AM »
A good start to the post Greg era. Any chance we will see the other European correspondent on more often?

If you want to play some really great multiplayer with friends, I cannot recommend L4D2 enough, especially in VS 4v4. The amount of team work require is really high making voice chat mandatory especially in realism mode where all the game aids are switched off for the survivors.

I will get The Walking Dead sometime in the future, the podcast discussion was the tipping point for me. You should play Back to the Future. One of the episodes is a bit fillerish, but the series could have easily been BTTF 4 if it was made into a movie. The puzzles are better designed than the S&M ones which were a little too random. If nothing else, the voice work is amazing.

Our "Gamestop" equivalent here is "EB" like Canada. I know some of the staff personal outside of work, but I almost never shop there for one very simple reason. They are expensive as hell. Why would I go to a shop to pay $93nz(70USD) dollars for what I can get for $53(40USD) dollars online. Sure they do the same up selling, used game, pre order, screwing around BS, but that is just icing on a **** cake. Other non-specialized but electronic B&M retailers are cheaper than them. I can get and sell used games on our ebay equivalent for far better prices, in better condition than EB. So even if you exclude online, they are still a bad B&M store. It's a Pawn shop in all but name.

If you want to go back and play some Freespace, I demand you have a look at Freespace open. You will still need the retail data files from online or the retail disks, but they updated everything for modern systems and beyond. Some of the community campaigns are sequel worthy in quality. Despite been released back in 1998, FS is still the pinnacle of space shooters to this day. The game is also Linux and OSX playable these days.

XBOX Live is bunk in general. A subscription to play online is not weird, it's absurd, asinine, foolish, degenerate. I can understand that for a MMO, but for basic multiplayer and voice chat, **** off. When they tried pulling the same trick on PC, they got rightly mocked to death. GFWL now only continues to exists on MS life support with open protests every time it gets used.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »
Just finished the episode....   'twas tough, after the emotional Leahy Finale, but I'm happy to see that the wheels are still turning and the discussion is as entertaining and thoughtful as ever. Guillaume: Godspeed and well-done so far. Must be hard to step into the RFN clubhouse. But personally, I'm excited to hear your contributions, especially since I feel like your tastes overlap with some of my own. (I'm that other person genuinely curious about Snowpack Park.) Looking forward to hearing you all again soon...
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »
I generally like Telltale games; however after the way they handled Jurassic Park, I wasn't planning to give The Walking Dead a chance.  After hearing Jonny talk about the first episode on the podcast, I decided to give it a go, and I have to admit that I was kind of captivated by it.  They did a pretty great job of ratcheting up the tension in a few places, considering that it was still ultimately a derivative of a point-and-click adventure game.  The characters are very well-realized, and the voice acting is pretty decent.  I can't wait to play the second episode.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:24:25 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »
If you want to go back and play some Freespace, I demand you have a look at Freespace open. You will still need the retail data files from online or the retail disks, but they updated everything for modern systems and beyond. Some of the community campaigns are sequel worthy in quality. Despite been released back in 1998, FS is still the pinnacle of space shooters to this day. The game is also Linux and OSX playable these days.
Thanks for the heads-up! I did get Freespace 1 and 2 off gog.com, so I'll have to check it out. What I'm missing is a joystick, however.

I'm NOT playing it with a pad, haha.

And thanks, LittleIrves!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:37:08 PM by Pandareus »