Author Topic: Silicon Knights.  (Read 32765 times)

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Silicon Knights.
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2003, 10:15:53 AM »
I hope that Too Human is part of the Eternal Darkness universe... definitely not a sequel, but just... stuff... like maybe have some sort of cult that you run into that is trying to ressurect one of the ancients. You dont necessarily have to fight these people... i dont know what im trying to say
I'll shut up now...

Offline cyrus420

• View Profile
Silicon Knights.
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2003, 10:20:57 AM »
it's not. it's a different game. they'll make a sequal for ED sooner or later tho.
HTML code is not permitted. Special symbols permit some HTML functionality.

Offline theblindtree

• View Profile
Silicon Knights.
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2003, 10:53:18 AM »
Hmm, was the yellow magick binding back evil or was it there to hinder your progress?  Or both?  I wish I could explain further, but I haven't played the game in awhile.  

I'm still not too clear on what Pious' ultimate role was in everything.  If my theory is anywhere close to the truth, then perhaps he was trying to prevent the greater evil of Mantorok from being released in the world.  To do this, he may have had to go to greater lengths than he may have wanted (hence only a warning at first to the girl in the second chapter).  To me, it seems like he was playing both sides of the gods in order to come to a resolution.  Playing evil against evil.  But why couldn't he just explain this to them?  Maybe he was afraid the gods would start to realize his plan...?

I think Mantorok wanted the characters to believe that what they were doing was for the best, but actually they were just helping to free him.  It's fairly obvious that Mantorok was guiding them.  I think we really got a glimpse at the end of Alex sort of realizing that what they have been doing may have just been opening a door to unleash a greater evil.  Could this be a possible reason why her family's name is "savior" spelled backwards?

I really hope I'm explaining this right because I'm sort of working it out in my head.  There are a bunch of other theories I have that would tie to this, but I'm not very good at explaining things off the top of my head.  If I had the game here, I could explain it in MUCH better detail.  (I'm so confused this way!)    Like I said earlier if my theory is anywhere close to the truth, I will anticipate pretty much EVERY game SK works on.  Seriously.