Author Topic: The Minor Annoyances Thread  (Read 1404 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
The Minor Annoyances Thread
« on: April 09, 2008, 03:30:02 AM »
I hate it when I'm installing a program and the status bar fills up...and then an empty status bar replaces it. What the heck is the point of a status bar if it gives no indication when something is going to be done?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 12:01:51 PM by Wandering »
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Annoyances
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 11:44:59 AM »
have you tried using vista, every status bar does that no matter what is loading. It is annoying.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Annoyances Thread
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 12:51:49 PM »
Status bars are nearly pointless on computers anyway, because the first 50% may still take longer than the last 50% etc.  The only thing they are really useful for is download bars and knowing for sure the computer is still working on something.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Annoyances Thread
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 02:26:38 PM »
Status bars are nearly pointless on computers anyway, because the first 50% may still take longer than the last 50% etc.  The only thing they are really useful for is download bars and knowing for sure the computer is still working on something.

Agreed.  That's why every company should do what Nintendo did when copying files to and from your SD card.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!