Author Topic: XIII - Final Boss help!!  (Read 3916 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
XIII - Final Boss help!!
« on: October 14, 2008, 01:37:45 PM »
I've started a campaign recently where i force myself to finish my backlog of games before the hole i dug for myself ges any bigger.

The first game up is Ubisoft's cel-shaded FPS title, XIII for the GameCube.

I've had an odd history with this game. First played it on loan from a friend, but with the wii coming right around the corner it was hard for me to get in to the game with its clunky controls, i wanted to point and shoot with a free hand IR enabled magic wand!

I couldnt get passed the 2 level, my aim was horrible and i the controls weren't very intuitive.. ie. control the aim via the c-stick (right thumb) and activate your secondary fire via the B button (also your right thumb...). Anyway i returned the game cuz i knew i wouldnt play it, and it wasnt until earlier this year that i decided to give it a shot.. since i found it for like $2 :-D. I played it and got really in to it, played with my girlfriend even, and then stopped abruptly and just didnt go back to it.

As of this past week i picked it up again and plowed thru the majority of the game. Now i'm at, what i believe is, the final boss (Number I!) and i keep dying a cheap death. I've actually consulted a walkthru but it doesnt help much at all so i'm hoping someone here has played the game and knows some tips to get buy this boss fight.

So far my strategy, which was pretty similar to that of the walk thru, is to use one of the missile silos as cover and peak out from the left to shoot baldy. This works fine enough, but its the second phase of the boss fight that gets me.. It's more run and gun here and i always end up falling off the side of the silo!!

Any help will be appreciated: strategies, tips on best weapons to use, recommending a hard drink to throw back before i break this game into peices, etc.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.