Author Topic: Epic Mickey - Wii Exclusive  (Read 161102 times)

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Mickey - Wii Exclusive
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2009, 04:08:18 PM »
People panic too easily.
Not to sound like a dink but... why would the it being multiplatform be panic inducing?  It's pretty obvious it was developed with Wii in mind... if they wanted to try and port it to another platform, who the heck cares?

Are Nintendo gamers really that spiteful that they would _hope_ they can brag to non Wii owners about a game they can't play?  And then, be genuinely upset or panicked if that bragging possibility goes away?

If you look at the panic it is people worried that the Wii controls will be gimped and another worried that the Wii will get another shoddy downgraded port.  Wii is all about its controls so these are all legitimate worries.  There are no super Wii fanboy posts there, only legitimate worries even if Plugabugz calls them insane, apparently without reading any of the posts.

How will the game play?  We have a lot of rumors/info about the story but this is what I want to know.  So far all I see is that the world will be painted somehow.  Is it going to to be a platformer or more of a Kingdom Hearts action game?
I hope the painting allows you to actually change the world, such as choosing your own colors and designs instead of all predone ones.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »
It's Wii exclusive, so I don't know what all this "what-if" talk about multi-platform is about. It's NOT period.

You have to remember that even Epic, one of MS biggest supporters, hasn't even really checked out Natal from a programming stance yet, so I doubt many 3rd parties are really indepth with Natal development. Same goes for Swand/Disco Stick/IceCream Cone too.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:13:40 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2009, 04:13:09 PM »
It's Wii exclusive, so I don't know what all this "what-if" talk about multi-platform is about. It's NOT period.

You have to remember that even Epic, one of MS biggest supporters hasn't even really checked out Natal from a programming stance yet, so I doubt many 3rd parties are really indepth with Natal development. Same goes for Swand/Disco Stick/IceCream Cone too.

My guess is the same is for PS3s motion wand, it is way too early to be putting heavy resources into developing games for something that could be like the eye toy in regards to who owns it.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »
Disney to Celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the Phantom Blot Summer 2010

there's no bad guy like the guy whose 70th anniversary we celebrate this summer: the Phantom Blot, Mickey Mouse's scariest foe! A mystery man hidden under a ghostly black cloak, the Blot can shadow you while you think he's just a shadow. And his motives are shadowy, too. The Blot might want wealth or world control — or just ruthless revenge. But Mickey never knows how those goals will come together... till the Blot catches him in a devious deathtrap!

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2009, 05:12:37 PM »

Some pretty awesome fan art

BTW, I call dibs on all 5 for avatar purposes ;)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2009, 05:14:56 PM »

there's no bad guy like the guy whose 70th anniversary we celebrate this summer: the Phantom Blot, Mickey Mouse's scariest foe! A mystery man hidden under a ghostly black cloak, the Blot can shadow you while you think he's just a shadow. And his motives are shadowy, too. The Blot might want wealth or world control — or just ruthless revenge. But Mickey never knows how those goals will come together... till the Blot catches him in a devious deathtrap!

Heh, this is the Phantom Blot I'm familiar with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPFiz9hVgec (warning: contains extremely infectious theme song)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2009, 05:35:58 PM »
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 05:38:09 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2009, 05:53:56 PM »

You have to remember that even Epic, one of MS biggest supporters hasn't even really checked out Natal from a programming stance yet, so I doubt many 3rd parties are really indepth with Natal development. Same goes for Swand/Disco Stick/IceCream Cone too.

My guess is the same is for PS3s motion wand, it is way too early to be putting heavy resources into developing games for something that could be like the eye toy in regards to who owns it.

Well I remember this from Capcom

Capcom's Takeuchi on Sony's wands:

Well just being from Capcom, I can tell you that we have a lot of good ideas on how to make use of that technology and we're looking forward to putting them into practice. However, speaking to other developers in Japan, I've heard a few of them say they were delighted by the Sony motion controller because they can just port over their Wii titles to the PS3.

On Natal:

I haven't heard much about how Western developers have reacted to Natal so I can't really talk about that, but I've heard a lot of people in the industry in Japan respond to it like it's a new problem that they have: "How are we going to develop games for this? What are we supposed to do with this now?" I can say that the developers in our offices back in Osaka have been very receptive to Natal and are looking forward to hopefully coming up with some good ideas for it.

Developers who already had experience with the Wii Remote technology will probably have a much easier time to transition to Sony's motion controller. Natal effectively being an advanced Eyetoy some developers will have issues with how to map gestures into commands and how to use the proper gestures in order to appeal to a mass market, since you can't release a game with gestures that require weird or arcane movements.

The Wii proved that games with motion controls needs gestures or movements that are easy to understand and explain or else the end user will be frustrated with the game since they will think that the motion won't work or they won't know how to properly do it.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2009, 06:25:29 PM »
Swand:
Having ideas and putting them into practice are two different things. Up ports of Wii games however will be an obvious way alienate both systems.

Natal:
They gave up on eye toy even though it sold enough to take it seriously, Natal is not much different, just a more advanced reboot of the same idea. So why should they think that if they haven't come up with anything worthwhile after all this time, that just because MS has a new version of it, that things will be different this time?

But that's enough of that talk, we can continue this convo in the appropriate section and threads ;)

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2009, 08:40:24 PM »
So the game is now Wii exclusive. Let's hope they don't fling around hype.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2009, 02:13:41 AM »
Here are some Oswald the Lucky Rabbit shorts films for people to watch.

Trolley Troubles
Oh Teacher
Great Guns!
The Mechanical Cow

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2009, 12:30:10 PM »
The classic mountain climbing episode with old Donald, Mickey, and Goofy is probably the greatest piece Disney ever produced.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »
I liked the clock tower episode, along with the old short about them being firefighters.

Such great cartoons.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2009, 12:46:33 PM »
The classic mountain climbing episode with old Donald, Mickey, and Goofy is probably the greatest piece Disney ever produced.

Oh I don't know about that.  I'm rather partial to the Donald; Mickey; and Goofy "Ghostbusting" short, as well as most of the Donald and Chip 'n Dale shorts ("Donald Applecore" is a personal favorite, where Donald eventually resorts to trying to nuke Chip and Dale to kingdom come with an atomic bomb.  How's that for "family-friendly entertainment"?   ;) ).

As for the Oswald shorts posted, meh.  It's the same sort of humor done in the Mickey shorts, and it's just not interesting enough for me.  Like I've noted several times now, I'm a Donald fan and he has his own special blend of humor.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2009, 12:56:01 PM »
The mountain climbing piece shows Donald's transformation into Top Duck Badass, kicking that goat's ass.  It was serious, surprising, and demonstrated the fire in his heart.  Disney has yet to top this.

It's almost up there with Popeye for its time.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2009, 05:51:28 PM »

I almost wonder if Oswald will be more of a puppet manipulated by the Phantom Blot. The imprisoned Blot comes to neglected Oswald and tempts him into unleashing him to 'get what he deserves'. So Oswald at first seems to be the main enemy, but then you free Oswald from the control of the Blot and then he helps you to defeat the Blot for good.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »
I command everyone to check out the Three Musketeers on DVD. Despite it being a direct to DVD release by Disney, it's hilarious. Donald and Goofy make the movie (and surprisingly, Mickey is a bit humorous).

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2009, 06:46:22 PM »
I command everyone to check out the Three Musketeers on DVD. Despite it being a direct to DVD release by Disney, it's hilarious. Donald and Goofy make the movie (and surprisingly, Mickey is a bit humorous).

You know, I've heard that too.  I've just never gotten around to actually watching it (mostly from an ingrained predisposition to assume that anything direct-to-video made by Disney will be crap).

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »
I thought it did have a theatrical release. Maybe it was a limited run?

I'll have to watch it some time.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2009, 07:01:33 PM »
I thought everyone's predisposed about Disney movies sucking, is when they are direct-to-video sequels, not just direct-to-video movies.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »
Aren't Disney movies "teh kiddie" and therefore inherently terrible and you all should be ashamed to watch them?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2009, 07:06:24 PM »
Yeah, so glad that Toy Story 3 got moved from being a D2V to a full theatrical release.

All D2V Disney sequels are pretty lame. Though Cinderella 3 was almost good. At least it had a bolder and more interesting plot twist than most Disney sequels.

Aren't Disney movies "teh kiddie" and therefore inherently terrible and you all should be ashamed to watch them?

No. Many of them are awesome.
My Game Collection

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2009, 07:17:27 PM »

I think they're more "teh kiddie" now than they used to be.  The Lion King is still my favorite animated movie of all time (and when you get down to it, it's a dark movie), and Beauty & the Beast is up there as well alongside Great Mouse Detective; Oliver & Company; and the Rescuers Down Under.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2009, 07:22:15 PM »
Dumbo warned me of the dangers of alcohol consumption as a child.

Pink elephant hallucinations?  Holy ****, that's edgy stuff.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2009, 07:22:36 PM »

I'm secure enough in my maturity (or lack there of :P ) to watch Disney movies that fit my interest.
Did you know that they are entertaining the idea of resurrecting the Roger Rabbit Sequel "Who Discovered Roger Rabbit"?

Besides, it wasn't even until about a year ago that I was even aware that there was a Cinderella 2 & 3 among many other sequels that I had never heard of. I haven't watched any of them, since they don't interest me, but I was sort of blown away that they even existed and I had no idea.