Author Topic: Starfox Wii....confirmed?  (Read 6878 times)

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Starfox Wii....confirmed?
« on: May 25, 2006, 11:16:26 AM »
IGN

Look under number 8.

Ya....WTF, right?

I guess we can jump for joy that's it's coming, but I don't see why Nintendo would simply slip StarFox through as if it wasn't important. Starfox could definitely be a killer-app, so what gives?

I'm happy, but I'm pissed off as well .
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Starfox Wii....confirmed?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 11:29:14 AM »
I don't think its actually been announced, just expected since prettym much most Nintendo systems have starfox

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 11:35:02 AM »
I think Miyamoto mentioned it in an interview.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 11:38:11 AM »
Ugh, why do they keep bringing the Zelda Fighter idea back?  It's the worst idea EVER!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 11:41:58 AM »
Ahahah Zelda Fighter, I hope to god that never materializes.  I  don't understand how anyone can possibly think that that's a good idea.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 11:43:41 AM »
^^^^ Agreed.

I would absolutely love to see Four swords or something like that for the Wii. There's something that just right with Coop Zelda gameplay (MM had it in the form of you and an NPC -- ).

"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 11:53:19 AM »
Well they missed my dream game, a flight-angel game, I really dont mind if its Kid Icarus although I never played the game before and I would prefer a new IP, maybe because Im not to fond of the greek theme of the game.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 11:59:44 AM »
aggghhhh....the Zelda Fighter idea must DIE
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Starfox Wii....confirmed?
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 01:58:48 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
I think Miyamoto mentioned it in an interview.
I thought he was talking about Star Fox DS?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »
Enuf with StarDog.

The franchize is ded.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 04:12:51 PM »
The PGC front page has an article about Star Fox Wii.  Miyamoto talks about it in an interview along with how the Wii name was finalized 6 months ago.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »
Star Fox is dead.

LONG LIVE STAR WOLF!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »
I'd like to see it eventually, but I'm in no rush.  Starfox DS should be good for a while.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 06:59:44 PM »
Frisbee Golf? WTF??
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 07:12:46 PM »
Starfox Wii would be amazing assuming it was absolutely nothing like Assault or Adventures. Starfox 1 and 2 were great as was Starfox 64 and Starfox DS seems like it will be good.  I wish Nintendo didn't bastardize this series on the Cube. At least there is huge potential for it on the Wii with the new controller.  
Check out PixlBit!

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 08:03:42 PM »
Well there's a reason that the Cube ones weren't up to par; they weren't developed internally.. Well, the DS version is being developed by Q Games, but still.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 08:26:55 PM »
Oh yeah, F IGN by the way, for talking about some ridiculous BS like Zelda fighting or frisbee golf.  What the hell IGN?  Are you even real people?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 10:13:42 AM »
I actually thought Frisbee Golf was a cool idea. Then I thought, if I wanted to play frisbee golf, why wouldn't I just play real frisbee golf? I've played it many a time, and it's halarious fun.

StarFox has enormous potential on the Wii. We've all talked about it. We all know why it would be great. Now, I just want to see it.

Also, Manditor. An Angle game would be sweet.

"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Online Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 10:18:31 AM »
"I actually thought Frisbee Golf was a cool idea. Then I thought, if I wanted to play frisbee golf, why wouldn't I just play real frisbee golf?"

Well with that logic no sports games ever should be made.

What the hell is frisbee golf anyway?  Aside from being mentioned on Seinfeld I've know nothing about it.

A Zelda fighting game is the sort of typical fanboy suggestion I'd expect.  Some fans really obviously have no idea what makes their favourite franchise so good and as a result think of the STUPIDEST ideas.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 10:25:25 AM »
The thing with sports games is they allow you to control an entire big-league team or play in professional tournaments - plus you don't have to be athletic.  Wii, interestingly, blurs that line even further since you DO have to be a little athletic.  Not a lot, but you still need better coordination than before.

Anyway, I'm sure we will see StarFox, probably either Christmas 2007 or first-half 2008, I'm betting.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 10:44:02 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
What the hell is frisbee golf anyway?  Aside from being mentioned on Seinfeld I've know nothing about it.

It's basically what it sounds like.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 11:32:24 AM »
Disc Golf (Not Frisbee Golf...they are very different things) is a game played at several parks.  If you have a Disc Golf course at a nearby park I would suggest trying the game out.  

Basically there are 18 baskets placed around the park and you have a couple different types of discs that you throw from the tee and try to get into the basic (usually Par is 3).

It can be quite fun and is much more difficult than you can imagine.  Its great excercise, and a if you enjoy walking its something to do while you are walking.

To play all you really need is a driver disc and an all purpose disc.

I don't think his would make a good game though, because you can't design the game to be able to feel anything like the game.  Most of disc golf's enjoyment comes from figuring out how to navigate around trees and bushes.  Trying to aim and play in a 3D space on a flatscreen would lose much in translation.

Now back to Starfox.  I think there would be a simple and invigorating joy of just moving the Wiimote to steer your ship in Starfox.  Your team mates banter can come through the Wiimote to feel closer to you.  And if there is a microphone you can give commands to your  teammates on the fly.  

Just imagine that flight game demo with 100s of enemy space ships attacking you and you can probably see the potential of this game.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 12:24:35 PM »
I prefer Ultimate Frisbee.  Get a bunch of guys together and that game's a hoot.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 06:23:19 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Disc Golf (Not Frisbee Golf...they are very different things) is a game played at several parks.  If you have a Disc Golf course at a nearby park I would suggest trying the game out.  

Basically there are 18 baskets placed around the park and you have a couple different types of discs that you throw from the tee and try to get into the basic (usually Par is 3).

It can be quite fun and is much more difficult than you can imagine.  Its great excercise, and a if you enjoy walking its something to do while you are walking.

To play all you really need is a driver disc and an all purpose disc.

I don't think his would make a good game though, because you can't design the game to be able to feel anything like the game.  Most of disc golf's enjoyment comes from figuring out how to navigate around trees and bushes.  Trying to aim and play in a 3D space on a flatscreen would lose much in translation.

Now back to Starfox.  I think there would be a simple and invigorating joy of just moving the Wiimote to steer your ship in Starfox.  Your team mates banter can come through the Wiimote to feel closer to you.  And if there is a microphone you can give commands to your  teammates on the fly.  

Just imagine that flight game demo with 100s of enemy space ships attacking you and you can probably see the potential of this game.

If it controlled like the WiiPlane demo, I think that would suck. How you could fire if you hold the controller like that? I think it would be best to simply hold the controller with your thumb on "A" and your finger on "B". You would move about the screen by moving your arm within an imaginary square and to turn your plane vertical, you would simply rotate your wrist. The pointer funtion would control where you aim.

"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 08:51:37 PM »
Wow, I AM surprised to see Frisbee Golf top Bozon's list, but in a good way. I really enjoy frisbee golf and ultimate, and I've been wondering for a long time why they can't make a game around either of them.

Ian, Frisbee Golf is like normal golf in lots of ways. You start somewhere far away from your goal (a metal "cage"-type apparatus with a bin you try to throw into), then have to navigate using your 3 or more discs (drivers, mid-range discs, putters, etc.) to the goal in the least amount of throws. There are all sorts of discs besides just the driver/putter/etc... some curve right, some left, some fly straighter – it's all about getting where you need to get in the most efficient way. The course I know best (in Lincoln, NE) has everything from long, meandering fairways, to hilly/steep terrain, and even some unique obstacles like foresty areas and creeks to cross to spice things up. It's really fun, and a great excuse to go walking around a grassy, foresty park for a couple hours on a hot summer day.

Conclusion: Frisbee Golf game for Wii featuring Ultimate and online competition =

(the only thing I would worry about would be "throwing" too hard with the Wiimote, and accidentally flinging the controller at the TV)

EDIT: Oops, like 4 other people already explained frisbee golf
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)